NewCelica.org Forum banner

smart rocket

8K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  smart_rocket 
#1 ·
Hi,

made some shots of my Celi. I'll update this thread after I achieved my milestones of my build.

Next milestone is the Rotrex install in 1,5 months, last milestone was getting my custom 3" PPE, Magnaflow metal cat 3", Vibrant ultra silent resonator 3" and a custom 3" exhaust fitted.

I do all mods legal after special approval tests at a governments certified department, that's why my project takes longer and costs more.

Here's the link to my Celi_Album at photobucket:
http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/coolfire_album/My_Celi/

See less See more
#2 ·
wow ...looks fast

#4 ·
Nice custom Tip, you should get a different wing or get rid of it completely, make it more streamline.

#10 ·
you mean like this?(had it like this for some months)

or like this?(had it like this for some months)

I'll put on the TRD wing again, it enhanced down force allot. Downside was, it was not legal over here and it slows you down if still nearly stock power. I'll do a special legality test and put it on again, maybe next summer.

Looks real nice. I'm sure that 3" must be loud isn't it?! The Rotrex will enjoy pushing lots of gases through it for you :gap:
Hi Mick, thanks. Loudness is similar as before, it's a bit less in the low range and a bit louder at lift. I believe the vibrant ultra silence resonator does its job very fine. I got the raspy PPE sound only under the hood at the exhaust side, at the rear the raspy sound and loudness is completely eliminated. My enhaust shop got a great reputation, I payed nearly 2000$ for the job done, but quality is A1+ . Will do a shot next time on the lift of the exhaust system.

#5 ·
Wow...looks awesome. :drool:
I'm lovin the unique exhaust tip. :thumbup:-Good job!

#16 ·
when i first saw the title, i was thinking of the smart car with the hayabusa engine :chuckles:

nice car! just like almost everyone here, i like the exhaust tip! thats really custom! :thumbup:

youre car looks a bit high off the ground though. go lower :)

#17 ·
some updates on my build

those were the days, here I went for a last trip with the Bomex body, my grandmother accompanied me for a ride, she is over 93 years old and loves the Celi, lol

crashed Bomex front, byebye rice, kids women and my dick loved it, now I got some nutts and went sleeper

broken rear bumper, don't ask me how my bud could brake the front AND rear bumper, but with nearly slicks on snow I guess all is possible... :eek::

now it's only still trash :eek:

new facelift bumper from cheaptoyotaparts, also I had to get a new fender right

before the Rotrex build began I went for some mountain pass trips to check the new suspension setup with Hotchkis sways and Ksport coilovers, wow now I can do really sick things with it, can't wait for the LSD beeing installed, hopefully MWR sends me next time the right flywheel... It's so cute with the facelift and very decent front lip and SS, also w/o wing but with spacers and stock rims, go sleeper or go home, lol...

some of the parts before they got or get installed, I'm actually proud of the carbon airfilter and the Synapse BOV, yes at the very left is a HHO drycell, maybe I'll give it a try before I spray meth...

Ksport coilovers, they didn't brake yet and if they will I'll get the broken part new. I'll have to adjust the shocks into hard, I like it the very hard way, because race

for me a very very important part, SS brake lines for my mountain pass trips, EBC pads are fine but SS lines are also a must for me

Hotchkis sways and some other goodies like a walbro fuel pump

the custom 3" collector PPE has developed for me together with the vibrant ultra silent resonator and the Magnaflow metal cat, all in 3"

a shot of the engine bay how it should be fitted in the end

my tuner advised this should be the best design for the bracket to be solid

the A2W radiator with the fan, the A2W radiator's a bit heavy, maybe I'll get a lighter one later together with a more efficient water pump, priority for now is, it just has to run, left of it is the Rotrex oil cooler, this radiator is lightweight, at the very left the air pump has been fitted(can't see in the picture), because this will be a street legal build which for I've to do special emission, dB and power tests

new custom exhaust tips fitted in the stock bumper

mid pipe, very soon in the unused O2 bung a wideband will be installed

the Ksport coilovers installed

the PPE with special 3" collector

the lightweight pulleys for the waterpump and alternator, you can also see the Rotrex with the 105mm for the beginning

my sons first GoKart session two weeks ago ;)

last weekend a ride with my in the meanwhile daily car, a S80 T6, I estimate it's chipped(321ps 451nm), because I did several legit runs vs. a Carrera S with 345ps on highway in Germany and each time he only started pulling slightly away when we were over 120mph... ayeh, I'll give this nice torquey cruiser T6 to my bro' as Xmas gift, because I'll get a RS4 as my new daily this weekend, pics will follow

some other builds my tuner's working on, this is nice but rice

this is a serious build with roll cage, welded sunroof and mad power under the hood with a GT30R.

so next time I'll post I hope the build will be finished for the first stage, at least I'll have some boost with the RS4 B5 and there I saw a nice eliminator kit with two GT28RS :evil:

#23 · (Edited)
lil update, we decided to let her run and see if it she's ready to get ASAP tuned on the dyno. But now I don't have to hurry too much because it's a hard winter over here and I decided to get again a AWD and have chosen a black Audi RS4, so I have still some more Cargo for my sons bike. I must say, wow this 380ps stock is really a blast for a DD, but anyway I'll do a chip, exhaust system and intake for some better mpg and even more power :wiggle:

here a vid of the running Rotrex, it's very loud with the 3" exhaust system and 3" PPE collector, also the induction noise of the charger is still too loud
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid714.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww144%2Fcoolfire_album%2FCelica_build%2FVIDEO0117.mp4">

or if it doesn't function over the link
http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/coolfire_album/Celica_build/?action=view&current=VIDEO0117.mp4

here some pics of the RS4

#24 ·
hey i have a question for ya, do you think with the Rotrex, it would be possible to use an extended drive shaft on it, its cause im thinking of fitting one to my 03 corolla, but i have nowhere near the space that a celica has near the alternator, so i have been toying with the idea of a transfer shaft to over near the g/box because there is a crap tonne of room over there on corolla's ( http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3769/super4q.jpg ) red circle is one place to have pulley sitting, or another spot would be above the alternator
eg
pulley=======s/c
or
pulley=======pulley
Belt
s/c
and i apologize for asking questions about corolla mods in a Celica forum, but every corolla forum i type on say just turbo it! but i don't like turbos!

#27 ·
^^ as far I've got an RS4 as my dd since half a year I didn't feel to hurry.. opposite occured, I felt like kicking the project, coz the RS4 is fvcking awesome and unbelievable quick, it's a torque monster. I've owned so many bigger boys league guys .. also just with some little modds I'd bring it to 4s from 0-100mph and very easy very fast to over 300km/h... any way I've decided to finish this project and will bring the Celica tomorrow to the tuner... next week legality tests will be accomplished which will cost me an arm and leg, but I'll be able to drive the build around with out to fear police officers.. will do pics and vids on the dyno...

just to depress your expectations it will be detuned to be under 270ps for some reasons... but don't worry on that, coz this is just stage 1 for the street. For the track another tune will come with some other goodies ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.