NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put an electric cut out on my exhaust, and then noticed that my car started smoking after driving it for a little. I wasnt sure what was causing it so one day I experimented and drove on the highway for 10 min with it open parked it and it was smoking at idle from the dump and from the rear end since some exhaust stil gets in there. Then drove again except without opening it and after that it didnt smoke. Im confused how can the cut out cause my car to smoke ?? and its like grayish smoke.. By the way i have a stock exhaust with resonator and no cat.. with the dump right after the downpipe.

any1??

·
Registered
538 Posts
VladsGTS said:
no its not the cut out itself smoking its just smoke from engine but only smokes after i drive with it open...
Check your exhaust manifold for leaks. I don't have grayish smoke but with turbo and stock exhaust, my car will let out a white cloud of smoke out of the hood scoop. I've seen the smoke come out from the manifold when I had my hood opened.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres the thing its not brand new, and i put it on a month ago.. and its realy weird because if i never open my dump on a drive it wont smoke , but if i drive a little with it open it wil smoke?? im almost starting to think its somethign with the temperature of the exhaust or tuning is affected when its opened, since it wasnt tuned for being open..

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
where is the o2 in relation with the cutout? if its near and your not getting on the gas most likely the o2 sensor is reading a false signal so it gives more fuel

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you just might have solved it!! but gota make sure one thing first. because my first o2 sensor is stil before the dump but the 2nd o2 sensor is after the dump, but i thought that the 2nd o2 sensor didnt do much since i did that mod to it to get rid of the cell so it should always be reading clean air right?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yeah you might be running rich with the dump open, but that would be black smoke not grey. i suggest only opening the dump when you are going to race or something and have the ECU in open loop

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea thats a good plan... its defenetely not black smoke. but for some reason i thought the 2nd o2 sensor pretty much did nothing especially after i put the resistor in to get rid of the CEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts