NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So smooth that you wouldn't know if you didn't own a Celica yourself. I like the fenders, not the Veilside bumper and meatballs tho.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
im sorry, but I fail to see where the widebody is. all i notice is that the wheels are too wide for the car so they stick out a little bit.

btw, is this an observation or is this listed on the owner's website?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah??........I dunno what your celica looks like but I see no wide body anything on there.....the first pic looks like it has a wider rear end but I think thats just a F'd-up reflection on the door/rear pannel

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the first pic looks widebody, but as said before its just a funny pic, you can clearly tell its not widebody by the other pics, especially the rear shot, honestly if you just showed us the first pic you would have had all of us fooled

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
that is not widebody...what a disgusting rear though - hideous bumper, meatball tails, and ricer wing....hell, the whole car is hideous

EDIT: on second glance, it looks like he might have BRS flares molded in front, but the rear looks stock

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, deepdish rims are possible on a stock bodied Celica, right? :rolleyes: Catch a clue, that offset isn't a possibilty. That was the first thing I noticed, and then if you look at the fenders, a stock Celica has smooth lines all the way down. This Celica's lines bulge out and the reflections angle down. Notice the reflections in the doors don't flow in line with the reflections in the fenders? But then again, I am dealing with a lot of noobs in here so I wouldn't expect it to be so obvious. And No Concept, I thought you were supposed to be majoring in industrial design? These things should stick out to you. Looks like you still have some work ahead of you.

And lastly, follow the file source. You'll find the company that turns out the bodywork on that car and a bunch of other European makes.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
GTSnut said:
Yeah, deepdish rims are possible on a stock bodied Celica, right? :rolleyes: Catch a clue, that offset isn't a possibilty. That was the first thing I noticed, and then if you look at the fenders, a stock Celica has smooth lines all the way down. This Celica's lines bulge out and the reflections angle down. Notice the reflections in the doors don't flow in line with the reflections in the fenders? But then again, I am dealing with a lot of noobs in here so I wouldn't expect it to be so obvious. And No Concept, I thought you were supposed to be majoring in industrial design? These things should stick out to you. Looks like you still have some work ahead of you.

And lastly, follow the file source. You'll find the company that turns out the bodywork on that car and a bunch of other European makes.
it is still hideous ;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
that is not widebody....deep dish rims are possible on stock body celica, it depends on how the rims are made.

my friend has an audi a4 Quattro. he has to have the same size rims all around but has a 1.5 inch lip up front and a 3 inch lip in the back.

the small deep dish rims are very popular in germany right now. they like to stick them out a lot. 17" and 16" most germans dont go over 18" you can go over to the bimmer forums and see a bunch of them with small deep dish rims that stick out.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by GTSnut
Yeah, deepdish rims are possible on a stock bodied Celica, right? :rolleyes: Catch a clue, that offset isn't a possibilty.
you sure know a lot about styling dont you? reality check buddy, the European tuners are all about deep dish rims.
and then if you look at the fenders, a stock Celica has smooth lines all the way down. This Celica's lines bulge out and the reflections angle down. Notice the reflections in the doors don't flow in line with the reflections in the fenders?
this is the ONLY valid point you make- and it is only minutely obvious in the first pic. Maybe if you want to prove a point about subtle fender flares, you could find another celica which doesnt have a black paint job.
And No Concept, I thought you were supposed to be majoring in industrial design? These things should stick out to you. Looks like you still have some work ahead of you.
Resorting to personal attacks, huh? How very adult of you. Take that dildo out of your ass and go buy some preparation H .

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Who manufactures those wheels?

Nu Concept, settle down. You certainly went far beyond GTSNut's tone. Reply with some classier wit or simply ignore.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts