NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My normal bulbs sucked, I couldnt really see w/the low beams. So I got some HIDs from Mod Express but it seems like I'm still having the same problem. I'm getting these streaks in my light. It's hard to explain, just look at the pics. I tried messing around w/the aiming, but I dont think thats the issue. I feel like the light should be nice and even across the road. Not all spotty

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I think thats pretty normal. Are you using oem headlights or aftermarket.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Thats normal. Mine do that as well and my headlight housings are stock. Its from the way the light output is projected through the lens. From your 2nd pic it looks like you need to adjust the beam upward. Hmm those rims of yours look awefully familiar to me...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^yea same rims (or at least style). When I got em' like 4 yrs ago I didnt realize they were so popular. o well. Yea I'm surpsied thats normal with the lights. I messes me up at night. Like I feel like it should be better projected across the road.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Better projectors will probably give out more even light..

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Yeah but I believe the oem hid projectors are different than the non-hid ones..

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
there's two holes that you need to cover with reflective tape before you install the bulb into the housing or you'll get that streaky effect. Zuoom once showed a pic of where you can cover it up at.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
^^ that won't help with the streaks of light that only helps with the "ufo" looking lights.

Maybe you bought d2r bulbs instead of d2s. D2R are made for regular headlights without a projector and d2s bulbs are made for our projector type headlight. Also they look aimed right but do you have OEM headlights?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are the Ebay black housing ones. Mine stock lights were too fogged up to keep, so I repalced em'. I'll try aiming it some more, I just found out you can adjust it from left to right. I didnt know that. But like I said, I dont think that will fix my prob. Why would toyota make lights like that?

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
The crappy projector of the ebay lights has been a known fact for some time now so you shouldnt have been surprised, but the clear+black top of the new headlights fits on the oem headlight base (oem projector, high beam and turn signal) so open them and swap, problem solved, swap the reflector also, our projector dont shoot at the ground directly they shoot at the reflector, the ebay one dosent spread the light as good as the oem one

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The crappy projector of the ebay lights has been a known fact for some time now so you shouldnt have been surprised, but the clear+black top of the new headlights fits on the oem headlight base (oem projector, high beam and turn signal) so open them and swap, problem solved, swap the reflector also, our projector dont shoot at the ground directly they shoot at the reflector, the ebay one dosent spread the light as good as the oem one
F, I dont have the stock lights anymore. Gave em' away to a junk yard, years ago. Anything I can do to make the ebay projects better?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So my options are: I can repalce them w/TSX projectors, but that seems to be pricey. Or I can find stock headlights and swap out the projectors. Does anyone know if there are any other projectors that would work beside the TSX. Like what is the size I should look for. I found some crossfire HID projectors for on ebay, I'm not sure if they are oem or just another ebay brand.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CROS...1420438QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

1 - 20 of 20 Posts