NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm racing a CBR929RR down the feeder road at about 80mph and I have to tap the brakes to turn- the front end goes all washy, swaying back and forth- boo! This is my first time to step into a FWD sports car so this was new to me- is a strut brace in order?
- Ben
By the way, no I didn't think I was going to win. I swear I almost saw his tail light though!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
if u were even kinda "hanging" with him, he wasnt racing....that a mid 10second bike all day long stock

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
RedNOSceli said:
if u were even kinda "hanging" with him, he wasnt racing....that a mid 10second bike all day long stock
ummmmm... how did this help solve the question?

Moving on:
FWD cars are just difrent. It will take some getting used to.
Tie up the front end with an Upper Front Strut Tower Bar. That will help quite a bit.
So to answer your question. YES

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
A strut bar will not correct "over driving". Sometimes one has to slow down to go fast.

Truth is strut bars do very little to effect the handling of the car. Way more can be done with tires, alignment, dampers, sway bars and "proper" spring rates. Of course even if you do everything correct comeone still has to slow the car down and actually turn the wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the info- and I never said I was hanging with him. It's a buddy of mine and we were just having fun- when he tucked and hit the throttle (2nd gear, about 60mph) all I could hear was Two-Brothers carbon fiber racing exhaust for about half a mile, which is about what he beat me by. He said he hit 130ish when i was only doing 80. It's all in fun though.
I'd buy one if I could afford the insurance on a 1 litre.
-Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts