NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally changed my sway bar setting to the softer one and all I have to say is "holly crap what a difference". I spent almost 5 months driving around with it on the hard setting. I put it on soft and went through some of the turns I normally take at high speeds and wow. An extreme difference in the way the car takes the turn. The only thing now is my car is a bit more wobbly at real high speeds when changeing lanes aggressively. I do have one small problem, but I don't see how it is related to just changeing the front sway bar setting. My car shakes at 78 miles an hour. I can go 90 and its fine. IT's almost like a weight fell of one of my rims. I guess im going to have to go to the hacks in the area and get them to balance my rims. I did notice 2 of my rims have no weights on them.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I have the same problem running the soft setting between 75 and 80 its just an annoying shake to deal with that goes away at 81 or 82 mph

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Sounds like an unbalanced rim (especially since 2 rims have no weights at all). Vibrations from that usually occur around those speeds, and it's possible the sway bar is amplifying them.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Crizzz
that makes me wanna try the harder setting now...
Bad idea. That will just lead to understeer. Without track tires and maybe an LSD, you'd only be hurting your handling.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the only benefit from the harder setting to me seemed to be real high speed lane switching. Im much happier with the softer setting and faster cornering. Im going to get my wheel's balanced. I just found it odd that the weights seemd to of fallen off as soon as I switched the settings. But then again, they are only glued on to the inside of the rim.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
oh, alright...when i read your feedback i was threw off by this...
Originally posted by xtccrush
I put it on soft and went through some of the turns I normally take at high speeds and wow. An extreme difference in the way the car takes the turn.
so that made curious to try...thanks for the info guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts