·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some light blue smoke coming out every time i go into boost. I don

·
Registered
486 Posts
Normally blue smoke means your burning oil. On older cars i would of said one of the pistion rings have gone and is causing oil to be burnt with the air and fuel.

Get it checked out ASAP

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking that, but it didnt do that before. I've had the kit on for about a month now.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
check your oil quality and level - smellit and make sure its not contaminated with fuel.

·
Registered
573 Posts
How rich are you running now? Could be just unburned fuel in your exhaust gas and that should be ok if you're running very rich for safety.

What do you think, Boosted 2.0?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just didn't mentioned that your car didn't smoke before and that it doesn't seem to come out of the exhaust...mhhh...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Asha'man said:
How rich are you running now? Could be just unburned fuel in your exhaust gas and that should be ok if you're running very rich for safety.

What do you think, Boosted 2.0?
rich conditions tend to be grey smoke if this is blueish its probably oil. Could be rings - I would do a dry and wet compression test and a leakdown.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Is your PCV hose (the hose the goes from your valve cover to the intake piping) connected correctly. Ie. it's not connected to the outlet side piping and under pressure?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have the turbo-performance kit so i have no idea how the hoses were supposed to go. This is what i have:
I have the turbo outlet to the wastegate's bottom inlet. I have the hose that used to be connected from the AEM CAI now connected to the TB/MAF/BOV pipe and i have the bov connected to the small nipple outlet in the intake. the T goes to a boost gauge and the emange pressure sensor.
That's all i have everything else is the same. Should i unhook that hose? or is that just for the SF kit. btw i ahve a GT-S

ok yell at me and tell me how to hook this uo the right way. thanks!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
unhook it from the throttle body and cap it.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where can i get those little filters for the pipe? do i need one or should i just cap it?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Can you see the actual turbo from underneath the car? You could check for oil leaks from the turbo. Or perhaps the banjo bolts for the oil lines to the turbo.

Also, how many miles do you have on the engine. Could be some engine seals leaking.

All of these can be checked when you look from underneath the car.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
twistedGTS said:
where can i get those little filters for the pipe? do i need one or should i just cap it?
filter goes on the side coming from the valve cover cap goes on the throttle body itself

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks! that worked. smoke is gone!

could've i have caused any damage by drinving like that? I drove the car liek that for aobut 1 month.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
twistedGTS said:
thanks! that worked. smoke is gone!

could've i have caused any damage by drinving like that? I drove the car liek that for aobut 1 month.
If you kept the oil changed very regularly and the level topped up you are probably OK. The main dangers in pressurizing the crankcase are massive oil leaks and reduced power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts