NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got a 02 mustang in the shop the other day for an oil change. it's a v-6, with a Ractive canister CLAMPED onto the exhaust pipe. then he wanted advise on tire sizes for 18x9 and 18x10 wheels. as if he needs the extra tread....:lame: you guys run across this much?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,255 Posts
Cars with underpowered engines sporting a fart can and big wheels. I see that every day and owning a mustang has nothing to do with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
OH man..... i dont know what to say. I personally really like mustangs. I think the gt and cobra makes the nicest sounds out of all cars. The guy that came in to the shop is obviously a poser, but then again, you'll always find posers for all cars out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
branizzle said:
what's wrong with mustangs? a stock GT would whoop a GT-S ne day of the week. and the fox body 5.0 liters are bad-ass. would u not agree?
true, but a v6 mustang is a different story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,768 Posts
Originally posted by branizzle
what's wrong with mustangs? a stock GT would whoop a GT-S ne day of the week. and the fox body 5.0 liters are bad-ass. would u not agree?
yea but thats not the point he was making. it was a v6, and to make it worse it had a ghetto rigged exhaust. like i said before he will not utilize the wider tires but they do look really good unfortunatly they will be on a ricestang.


Im not dogging V6's my friend has one he's going for look not speed but he has tastefully modded his car with wide tires. Those tires are 265/35/18


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by branizzle
what's wrong with mustangs? a stock GT would whoop a GT-S ne day of the week. and the fox body 5.0 liters are bad-ass. would u not agree?
agreed. however, a v-6 with big chromies and a ractive canister isn't too much to contend with. yeah, it would beat a stock celica, but with the money this guy is gonna spend on his wheels and tires, i could get wheels and tires, and enough HP to make him wonder why he didn't just go for the GT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Originally posted by CeliKill180
yea but thats not the point he was making. it was a v6, and to make it worse it had a ghetto rigged exhaust. like i said before he will not utilize the wider tires but they do look really good unfortunatly they will be on a ricestang.
i was just commenting on the fact that not all mustangs are gay. but yes, v-6 stangs, camaros, and firebirds are great cars to make ricey, and me to make fun of :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Originally posted by jway83
agreed. however, a v-6 with big chromies and a ractive canister isn't too much to contend with. yeah, it would beat a stock celica, but with the money this guy is gonna spend on his wheels and tires, i could get wheels and tires, and enough HP to make him wonder why he didn't just go for the GT
very true. i would call it ignorance. .....or stupidity. yup. definately stupidity. but that's okay. doesn't it make u feel better about urself knowing that you'll never be like that kid. i feel better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
2003cbgts said:
i dunno. i just hate ****in mustangs to be honest with ya. im sure theres alot of people that like them (obvious becuase u see so goddam many), but i just dont like them.
have you ever rode in a mustang? If not, i think it'll be a good experience for you. Its an excellent car. gotta ride the gt or cobra though. Its a fun car to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,595 Posts
Tuppuguy said:
have you ever rode in a mustang? If not, i think it'll be a good experience for you. Its an excellent car. gotta ride the gt or cobra though. Its a fun car to drive.
my auto GT > auto v6 mustang

track instructor said it was 10X better than the crap he was driving.

it was a rental car, and it had like 3 miles on the clock, and he took it to the track.

the rear brakes were gone after the first day so they went back and got another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Tuppuguy said:
have you ever rode in a mustang? If not, i think it'll be a good experience for you. Its an excellent car. gotta ride the gt or cobra though. Its a fun car to drive.
I've driven a GT, and yes the torque is very fun. I got back in my gt-s and it felt like it had no balls, lol. However the handling anhilates the mustang.. both cars have thier strong points.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
Originally posted by CeliKill180

dual exhausts on a V6 mustang?? He's trying to pass it as a V8
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top