NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've got my nitrous kit hooked up right and I just bought a real bottle heater, I'm going to run some of my friends tonight.

I beat them before in my MR2 turbo that I used to have, so it will be unlikely that I can beat them in my matrix but we'll see.

1) Blue SRT-4 Stage 2 with full exhaust and intake running 19psi. Also has nitrous but we agreed he's not going to spray (I hope).

2) Cobalt SS with I/E and methanol injection running 20psi.

3) Stock 05 Mustang GT.

I beat a Dodge 3500 Dually last night. The one with the 5.9L turbo diesel, he had I/E and programmer. That night I had no bottle heater, pressure was at 900 dropping to 800 psi and I only shot nitrous in third gear.

Any advice on what mph we should roll from for my best bet against these cars?

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
digs at 0 mph are the best MPH

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
who was trying to be funny??? I was being serious...learning to drive your car should be more important than who you can beat from a roll

They haven't sanctioned these yet.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You do realize that these guys will not do a race from a dig right? It's pretty much standard for srt-4's and cobalt ss to race from a roll. I just asked they will only do a 40 roll, so I guess there's no arguing about it.

Racing the GT from a dig isn't even worth my time, I already know I'll lose by bus lengths.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
<<<<<< neon that digs

Good luck, I wouldn't race them unless they did at least one dig, but that's just me

And a stock 05 GT is like a 104 trap car....it's actually going to have less top end than the slowbalt and the neon, and would be very feasible for you to yank him from a dig.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno, I raced the same exact GT before in my mr2 from a dig and I only won by 1 car length. That was with drag radials on too. I mean it's possible he has mods that I don't know about, but as far as I know it's completely stock.

I've not met a single srt owner that will race from a dig. I'm not saying all of them are like that, but around here the ones I know won't.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
goodluck with the SRT4 on 19 pounds..those lil neons are quick with that much boost.
the other cars im sure ull take out..u should have someone record it.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
listen to memph even though others may debate it, but he watches and drags often, hes all about the dig and rollings fo cheap hos, and he is not a mag racer neither he calls as he sees it, cause well that is reality. good luck with the races youll need it

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
you might have enough power to beat these cars. Anything can happen on the street. However u will more than likely lose to the srt and cobalt. You have a good chance against the mustang. I'm assuming these are all rolling races. Do it off 45-50 and you'll do well. If it's off the line the stang will have an advantage over all those cars. Get vids.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the bottle pressure at 1050psi and tire pressure at 28psi.

I beat the mustang from a dig. I only got to race the cobalt and neon from a roll, 40mph. The neon on 19lb beat me pretty bad by like 4 car lengths or more, but I beat the cobalt by a few car lengths so I was happy. Sorry no vids my friends camera battery was dead, but I am racing again tonight so maybe I can get some vids there.

I'm beginning to wonder what shot I have, all I know is the jets are 38/22.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
wow..........you are using nitrous and you don't even know what kind of shot are you running....

Cosmo Racing CAI = $120
Ported Header = Free
2.5" Straight Pipe = $100
Vibrant Resonator = $70
Borla 2.25" Axleback = $380
Hondata IMG = $50
164whp on dyno dynamics
Using nitrous without any clue of what shot I'm using = PRICELESS

btw; why spend $480 on making your exhaust system breathe better, and then put a resonator......also your whp seems low for your mods, with I/H/E, I've seen a lot of XRS's in the 172-177whp range...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
wow..........you are using nitrous and you don't even know what kind of shot are you running....

Cosmo Racing CAI = $120
Ported Header = Free
2.5" Straight Pipe = $100
Vibrant Resonator = $70
Borla 2.25" Axleback = $380
Hondata IMG = $50
164whp on dyno dynamics
Using nitrous without any clue of what shot I'm using = PRICELESS

btw; why spend $480 on making your exhaust system breathe better, and then put a resonator......also your whp seems low for your mods, with I/H/E, I've seen a lot of XRS's in the 172-177whp range...

Yous engine already starts with more hp outta the factory. not to mention more displacement.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
exactly............when did I mentioned my car ???????

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
you gotta excuse Hondafighter...his fanboy was kicking in involuntarily

·
Registered
144 Posts
also your whp seems low for your mods, with I/H/E, I've seen a lot of XRS's in the 172-177whp range...
I have a GT-S and I'm running 171whp with just an intake with a dirty filter + custom axle-back made by a local muffler shop:gap:

Sounds like he spent a little too much and gained not much..

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
nah not at all...you're just easy to get a response out of...Case in point

1 - 20 of 24 Posts