NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i was driving to the mall and i stopped my car and parked it. I went in the mall for abour 1-1 1/2 hours and i come out and start driving and my car starts to tick at idle. After that i checked the basic to see if anything was wrong. Nothing... So i start to drive home and at about 2600 it sounds like its a crackling sound and i dont know what to do? Can anyone give me any advise or anything about my problem? Thanks it would be great help if anyone know's my problem and could tell me what to do to fix it i would greatly appreciate there time. Thanks alot
Prox.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
Well today i was driving to the mall and i stopped my car and parked it. I went in the mall for abour 1-1 1/2 hours and i come out and start driving and my car starts to tick at idle. After that i checked the basic to see if anything was wrong. Nothing... So i start to drive home and at about 2600 it sounds like its a crackling sound and i dont know what to do? Can anyone give me any advise or anything about my problem? Thanks it would be great help if anyone know's my problem and could tell me what to do to fix it i would greatly appreciate there time. Thanks alot
Prox.
was this getting louder as the RPM went higher?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Could be something as simple as a loose exhaust sheild or it could be a bad rod bearing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How could a loose exaust shield cause the ticking in the engine. It sounds like in the engine it is ticking. Could it be really ****ed spark plugs?

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
How could a loose exaust shield cause the ticking in the engine. It sounds like in the engine it is ticking. Could it be really ****ed spark plugs?
you probubly mess up your engine, do you got a manual or a automatic

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
Manual 5 speed
if u cant really tell anything after 4k rpm then its probubly your heatshield, a/c lines not correctly in placed, but if it continues to get really louder i suggest taking it to a mechanic, and was your car moving when the sound is made or was it standing still.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
if u cant really tell anything after 4k rpm then its probubly your heatshield, a/c lines not correctly in placed, but if it continues to get really louder i suggest taking it to a mechanic, and was your car moving when the sound is made or was it standing still.
I noticed it after my car was moving after i pulled out of the parking lot of the mall. I opened the window i was like wtf i heard ticking noise for some odd reason. so ya, and it does do it after 4k rpm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
timm3r said:
have you ever misshifted before?
When i first got the car i misshifted 1-2 times but thats about it at the most. so i belive that wont hurt it that much, ive seen people misshift about a billion times and there car is still strong.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
There is a very high possibility you could have a bearing issue. Stop driving it and take it to a mechanic/dealership.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
If it was crackling it could be a cracked heat shield.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Proxemus said:
timm3r said:
have you ever misshifted before?
When i first got the car i misshifted 1-2 times but thats about it at the most. so i belive that wont hurt it that much, ive seen people misshift about a billion times and there car is still strong.
Actually, seeing this message you probably killed it. It only takes one mis shift to do damage.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
If it was crackling it could be a cracked heat shield.
It could also be tiny pieces of his bearing assembly floating around in his bottom end.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Proxemus said:
Prox.
most vehicles will make clicking sounds from the engine when they are low on oil.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hotpocketdeath said:
most vehicles will make clicking sounds from the engine when they are low on oil.
All the way through out the RPM range? because i added a leter of oil in it but it didnt help it at all.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I'm sticking with my initial diagnosis. I assumed he checked his oil.

Get thee to a dealership.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts