NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
happened at my campus parking lot
left my car at around 1:40pm and returned at 3:15pm
and noticed my driver side door wouldn't open when i tried to unlock it with my remote, and noticed that both door handles were tampered with.....
i fixed the driver door so that it would open from the outside
but the handle is still popping out, and i had to bang in the pass side door handle
should i fix these doors through my insurance or just leave it alone?
[
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Damn that sucks! Get an extimate on how much to fix, and go from there. Looks like they damanged it pretty bad! Does the campus have cameras in the lot? Check it out you might be able to get them to review them and see did it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Whoever did that had some kind of prying device, so why didn't they do the smart thing, and pry out your windows instead? FVCK man, I am so sorry to see that. In the middle of the fvcking day too. What they hell is wrong with these people?!?

·
Registered
435 Posts
yeah, i was gonna say... in the middle of the day.. pretty f'ed up man. sorry to hear... id talk to insurance and see if you can get some cash out of it

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
you better do it quick though. you should have called them when it happened. i think you only have 24 hours with most insurance companies

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I would report the event to campus security. They may partol the area more often. This could be happening across campus and may actually be a bigger problem. Also, your school may have some type of insurance to cover that, rather than put it on yours (every claim you make only counts against you...)

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
So I take it they didnt get in? Now you have to worry about them coming back to finish the job.

Thats the way theives broke into my Toyota truck years ago. They popped the door handles out just like that. $300 per side to fix and that was with a hookup.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
that sucks :( did you have anything of value laying in plain view? Get an alarm after you get that fixed. I know they don't do much but it might scare some people away.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by POISONLOTUS
Whoever did that had some kind of prying device, so why didn't they do the smart thing, and pry out your windows instead?
Originally posted by RedNOSceli
stoopid ****ing theves...its a lot easier to break the damn glass
...or pry the windows. Sometimes they just bend enough for you to reach in and unlock the door without breaking. I don't think complaining to the school will help anything other than give updated numbers to their crime reports.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by treeh8r
I would report the event to campus security. They may partol the area more often. This could be happening across campus and may actually be a bigger problem. Also, your school may have some type of insurance to cover that, rather than put it on yours (every claim you make only counts against you...)
Schools definantly don't have insurance for that. My school parking lot was like the target for theives and my school did nothing. My friends TV got stolen, and my other friends cd player got stolen, and a couple more people got there system stolen all on the same day and the school did nothing. Then other peoples systems got stolen throughout the year, thank god my spot was close to my school so they didnt even try mine.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TRD GT-S said:
that sucks :( did you have anything of value laying in plain view? Get an alarm after you get that fixed. I know they don't do much but it might scare some people away.
i have untinted windows and a pioneer in-dash, but took the faceplate out, but you can still tell that it's an indash, not sure if they wanted that or the whole car?
also have a drop and exhaust thats visible to others

does anyone know in what type of situations our alarms goes off?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jway83 said:
you better do it quick though. you should have called them when it happened. i think you only have 24 hours with most insurance companies
even if i had reported it to the campus police, they really couldn't do anything about it....i went to the headquarters today and asked if they had video surveillance in the area I parked, they do but, they said that there are trees that blocks the camera.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mistrimeat said:
So I take it they didnt get in? Now you have to worry about them coming back to finish the job.

Thats the way theives broke into my Toyota truck years ago. They popped the door handles out just like that. $300 per side to fix and that was with a hookup.

nope, they didn't get in, i'm also worried that they will come back, so not sure if i should report it to the insurance company, only to have it vandalized again....
from now on, i'm gonna open the hood and take the ignition fuse out so that it doesn't get stolen.....

i also looked at an 03 gts that was at a dealership, it was selling for $16,900 carbon blue with the action package, hid's, leather, abs, jbl system, and with 11,700 miles
but they only offered me $9,000 for my car and when i was in my car ready to leave, the manager offered me $10,000, but still too low for me, so i had to pass it up
it felt real slow for me, but it could have been the DBW system, i guess, and the shift gates were a bit wider than mine

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 01blkgts
nope, they didn't get in, i'm also worried that they will come back, so not sure if i should report it to the insurance company, only to have it vandalized again....
from now on, i'm gonna open the hood and take the ignition fuse out so that it doesn't get stolen.....

i also looked at an 03 gts that was at a dealership, it was selling for $16,900 carbon blue with the action package, hid's, leather, abs, jbl system, and with 11,700 miles
but they only offered me $9,000 for my car and when i was in my car ready to leave, the manager offered me $10,000, but still too low for me, so i had to pass it up
it felt real slow for me, but it could have been the DBW system, i guess, and the shift gates were a bit wider than mine
if anything the 03 would be faster than an 01. But not an 00.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts