NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright hi everyone, i plan on doing a fairly simple mod that i figured i'd post a small question to make sure i do it correct

i plan on buying some kind of "chirping" alarm, for when i lock/unlock car, i already have keyless entry, so my plan is to simply splice into something that'll make a denzo or piezo chrip whenever locked/unlocked.

i thought of splicing right into the side markers, but then i realized if i did that, i believe the buzzer will just go on and on whenever i turn on the headlights lol.

any advice where would be the best place to splice? i was thinking maybe the wires for the door lock?

any insight would be great

Buzzer, Wireless Door Lock
89747-AC010

plan on using this part, or something similar.

·
Registered
946 Posts
What I can tell you, is that when you hit the lock button it grounds the door lock actuator meaning that it sends a grounded signal to the lock. You could splice into that wire and just run it to the horn since the horn only works when it's grounded as well. That way you won't have to buy the buzzer and when you hit the lock button the horn will chirp. That's how most aftermarket alarms work. I could get you the wire color codes and locations in a little.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i figured i'd ask because i wasn't sure whether or not it'd be a simple snip and splice job or something a bit more difficult, thank you for the help haha.

from what you're saying couldn't i theoretically just run the positive and negative of the buzzer to the ground of the actuator? similar to the sidemarker turn signal mod?

and honestly i would rather have the buzzer, i'd rather spend the money on it than have an annoying horn beep, especially since our horns are SO loud lol.

·
Registered
946 Posts
and honestly i would rather have the buzzer, i'd rather spend the money on it than have an annoying horn beep, especially since our horns are SO loud lol.
Idk how loud the buzzers are but I'd assume you'd be like 5-10 feet away from your car when you hit the lock button so you'd want something you'd be able to easily hear. Plus you'd need to make sure it was a waterproof buzzer and not one meant to be like a seat belt buzzer.

Either way, when I was installing my rfid unit, I believe our locks are based on grounding. So you'd run a constant fused power to your buzzer and then the ground wire would splice into the lock wire of one of the door lock actuators. An easy place to splice into it is in the drivers kick panel. I'll get the wire color to you eventually

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im honestly not entirely sure, it's an 03 gts, keyless entry but not the VIP i believe?

it has never beeped when unlocked

and ucf i would be using an OEM toyota buzzer so it'd beep like any other toyota would if i figure out how to wire it correctly hahaha

·
Registered
946 Posts
The negative door lock sensor wire color is solid brown. You can find it in the drivers left kick panel. An easy way to make sure it's the right wire is to get a cheap circuit tester ($5 at walmart if you don't have one) put the clamp on a good ground, probe the back of the wire and wiggle it around gently. If your doors lock then that is the correct wire.

Quick splice or strip and solder a wire to the Brown wire, run it to one side of the buzzer. Tap a fuse and run that wire to the other side and you're done.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thank you so much brandon lol, that is something i can do ( im not the best with electrics lol, but thankfully this should be straight foward ), im guessing the best place to mount a buzzer is under the hood? so i'd just pull it through the firewall i guess?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ya. If you have an amp you could just run it through with the power wire. I used a grommet up above the gas pedal I believe. Just use a straightened out wire hanger and tape the two wires on there and shove it through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.