NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright hi everyone, i plan on doing a fairly simple mod that i figured i'd post a small question to make sure i do it correct

i plan on buying some kind of "chirping" alarm, for when i lock/unlock car, i already have keyless entry, so my plan is to simply splice into something that'll make a denzo or piezo chrip whenever locked/unlocked.

i thought of splicing right into the side markers, but then i realized if i did that, i believe the buzzer will just go on and on whenever i turn on the headlights lol.

any advice where would be the best place to splice? i was thinking maybe the wires for the door lock?

any insight would be great

Buzzer, Wireless Door Lock
89747-AC010

plan on using this part, or something similar.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i figured i'd ask because i wasn't sure whether or not it'd be a simple snip and splice job or something a bit more difficult, thank you for the help haha.

from what you're saying couldn't i theoretically just run the positive and negative of the buzzer to the ground of the actuator? similar to the sidemarker turn signal mod?

and honestly i would rather have the buzzer, i'd rather spend the money on it than have an annoying horn beep, especially since our horns are SO loud lol.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im honestly not entirely sure, it's an 03 gts, keyless entry but not the VIP i believe?

it has never beeped when unlocked

and ucf i would be using an OEM toyota buzzer so it'd beep like any other toyota would if i figure out how to wire it correctly hahaha

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thank you so much brandon lol, that is something i can do ( im not the best with electrics lol, but thankfully this should be straight foward ), im guessing the best place to mount a buzzer is under the hood? so i'd just pull it through the firewall i guess?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.