NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi first of all i know this is in the wrong forum, but i hardly see anyone is the audio section. i thought i would get a faster response here. anyways im thinking of getting the Sony MEX-5DI
, for the people who owns it. i read that thishas no internal amp unlike my JVCC sh99. so that mean i cant use the stock one and have to buy a diff one>, also since the front plate is not detachable. how do you guys hide or try to hide it from prying eyes?. and one last thing is there such thing as a removable bay like they use on computer Hard drive so i cant take the radio out? thanks guys

·
Registered
238 Posts
to clarify, you cannot use the celica's amp...no questions asked...get yourself a small 4 channel amp (alpine mrpf200 if you don't need anything crazy). No hard drive like device and it will be hard to slide your radio out at all since it will be iso mounted (screwed into the factory pocket) as opposed to a slide in cage style that you could just unclip to pull out. That alone makes it almost impossibe to steal that radio without some effort. Are you sure about the no detach face??? a deck that used to retail for 900 would have a detach face you would think :) Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts