NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*edit* I normally would have put this topic over at seller feedback, but I thought it'd be best to put this here since DD is a sponsor. By no means am I trying to bash DD or WC Toyota. I'm just putting out my opinions as a customer and also to comment on Toyota's way of handling customers in general. So read on...
*edit*

I did not like the service I got from David Draper or WC Toyota. I know DD has done nothing but contribute a whole lot to nc.org, so I took caution not to jump to conclusions. But the facts are the facts and I am very disappointed in how things were handled. So here's the story:

I need a new MAFS for my 2000 GT-S. The Toyota dealer by my school wants to charge me $350 for a new MAFS plus a whole lot of other unnecessary things to rip me off, so I say forget it and leave. I go on nc.org and ask fellow members what to do about the situation, do I need the extra stuff, etc. and if not, where can I go to get a cheaper price because I can install it myself. Of course, not to my surprise, David Draper was the man recommended to me.

I first go online to WC Toyota's site to order. Although it claims "online ordering" you actually just submit your order request and wait for someone to contact you. I get no calls or emails from WCT for 2 or 3 days and so I decided to PM David Draper, again asking to purchase the MAFS (the price of which went up from $110 to $150 from when I first looked on their website). I get no response from him till a few days later, but I'm glad that I can finally buy it from DD. He tells me that I need to shoot him an email so he can forward the order to Ed, his associate, and even said he'll hook me up with the original price of $110. Okay, I send the email with part numbers and got no calls or emails back from ANYONE for what, 5 days now? So i decided to just call the parts department and got transfered to DD's phone but apparently he wasn't around to pick up the call so I hung up after 5 minutes. I called again and asked for Ed, Ed picks up phone, transfers me to DD again (dunno why), and I got put on hold for 15 minutes!!

So I'm fed up by WC Toyota's way of handling customers and just called a third Toyota dealer and order a new MAFS right away for $153, a few bucks more expensive than WC Toyota, but hey, it's coming in tomorrow.

I originally wanted to buy the part from a nc.org sponsor rather than go to my local dealer to contribute my little part to nc.org. I have heard nothing but praises about DD, but I feel really let down this time. Just ordering a part should not be a 2 week process. So I'm forced to take my business elsewhere and I won't be buying from WC Toyota again.

On a broader topic: Yes, I ordered the part from my local dealer but I don't like their way of handling services, either. I guess their parts dept. is better. With the way that the 1st dealer tried to rip me off and then having WC Toyota (all the way across the country from me) give me the runaround, I have had it with Toyota. Reliability is great, but not when my car needs to be fixed every freaking month. My parents have bought 3 Toyota's so far and was gonna pick up the new Sienna to replace our Dodge Caravan, but I'm gonna convince them to stay away. As much as I hate to say it, but we just might go over to Honda for the van and any other company when I get rid of the Celica. I love the Celica, but owning it has been more kick in the nuts than enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
lomeinhu: **** happens man, but that doesnt mean that a seller sucks or anything like that, the fact that there was no exchange of money hence no business was done, shouldnt mean that he or wctoyota sucks, i have done a lot of business with them, and i have to say they have always come true, also they have some of the lowest prices available, hence the dificulty you had, believe me they get tons of orders. that in my view is what one pays to get the hookup, dont believe that dd is just waiting for people to call, he has to do a **** load of things, like revamping the website, etc.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yeah they are pretty busy. I ordered 2 items from Japan 8 weeks ago now, and I have contacted them numerous times and they never respond to me on when its going to be here, etc. I'm getting frustrated as well with the service I'm receiving but they probably have better things to do rather than worry about my order so I'm just letting it go.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I've never had a problem ordering from David Draper and WC Toyota. I just purchased a new clutch and flywheel from him last week, I had prompt service and it was at my house 3 days later.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Edrick gave me great service when I bought rims from them and I received them right away. This sounds like one of those things that occasionally happens.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't mean to say that DD or WC Toyota sucked. I just had a bad experience with them, as some of you have attested to. I'm sure that he's a busy man and that I'm not the only customer, but I happened to be a customer that got the short end of the stick. I have a lot of respect for DD and what he does for nc.org. I was just frustrated and felt let down, and to me, I shouldn't have gotten ignored whether I was ordering a small item or a big item. Like I said before, the experience with WC Toyota just compounded a series of bad experiences I've had with Toyota dealers in general. I'm not targeting DD. To put it simply: I was hoping for a different experience with WC Toyota and so far I haven't gotten any indication that ANY Toyota dealer is different from another. I seem to get screwed in one way or another.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
anyone in ANY kind of customer service field detests/makes fun of customers like you.

**** DOES happen. If money had changed hands, then you'd
have a valid reason to get upset. How do you know you were "ignored"?? David could have easily been helping ANOTHER customer that was actually IN his shop, and Ed transferred you thinking Draper was at his desk and then walked away from HIS desk to help ANOTHER customer that was in their shop.

You were not there.

Sorry...I get testy...I process mortgages where customers are financing hundreds of thousands of dollars. EVERYone thinks they are your only customer.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
DD have been busy and yea I agree that the custumer service was not as good as before. I know they been having problems, and communication have been poor. PM's are not the best way to reach DD. Edrick should be the man to goto.

But with all that being said, you should call them and they will take your call and help you out. You are still getting good prices and they'll get you parts you can't find elsewhere.

Give it time, be patient, DD is a good guy.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i dealt with edrick very recently when purchasing my TRD kit..i was having a hard time affording it and i expressed my prob to edrick he helped me out greatly by selling me new sides and rear...and his own front!...everything was quick and painless...however each time i called them they did seem very busy

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
The guy never said he didnt like DD or WC Toyota. He just had a bad experience with them. Isnt this what the Buyer/Seller forum is for. Isnt for people to express there experiences with companies?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yeah, and he's got a valid point.

The corporation that purchased us has made cut after cut after cut, and have let another person go today.

We're desperate to get anything done at this point. Phones go unanswered, E-mails get ignored. You get the idea.

I'm looking to move, which would greatly improve the situation and the service. I'm looking to bring Edrick with me, and I think it will be very soon.

I hate to leave, as I've been here for 10 years, but this is getting ridiculous, and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

I do appreciate all the kind words from so many of you, and I'm sorry to lomeinhu for his experience with us. I do hope to rectify this in the future, although probably at a different store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts