NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, have any of you done the sound damping on your celicas? How much square ft of material did you use? please let me knowm thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually just did this a few weeks ago. I used a spray, the one made by Dupli-Color. I think I used a total of 3 cans for the trunk. Well worth it, dampened it very good. Very cheap! Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
chinaren said:
Hi everyone, have any of you done the sound damping on your celicas? How much square ft of material did you use? please let me knowm thanks

When i had my celica not too long ago now i had Cascade Trunk kit installed and i got dynamat for the front, it's not that bad esp when cascade product you can spray on but, i'd becareful about the spray on , sometimes you can go really thin , so in hindsight i'd just get the mats like dynamat makes or cascade audio makes and put it in. I had 2 15 inch subs and i didn't even hear a rattle from the outside of the car .

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't done this yet.. But dynamat is almost useless, dynamat extreme is what you would want.. But its very expensive.. I'd just go with "Brownbread", but thats just me.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
http://fatmat.com/

This stuff rocks, costs MUCH less than a full dynamatted car. Right now they have a sale on a 100sq ft roll which will cover most the car. For the same price of dynamat you'd get enough for 4 speakers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dynamat is a big waste of money in my opinion.. i have dynamatted my car, it helps yes, but i also had a 4gauge wire installed during the time so meh. I still hear rattle on the outside :'(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts