NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like i'm getting a job at circuit city for the summer and so the next logical mod for my GT will probably be a good sound system and car alarm. I'm pretty clueless about car audio so i was hoping you guys could give me some pointers or sites where i can learn about car audio. Any suggestions on specific products and brands would be great. I'm looking to spend between $500-$600 and hopefully get a decent sound system. I'm going for quality mainly not going deaf. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well, for a sound system, you need to know where to start. What all do you want? New deck? New speakers? If so, front and/or rears? Sub(s)? One or two? More info please.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The install price is going to eat up a lot of your budget. I don't think you can get a headunit, front speakers, sub, and install for $600. The install alone will be a few hundred unless you can get a deal or do it yourself. Also remember sales tax :(

I am getting a head unit, front speakers, sub, 2 amps, deadened front doors and install for $2150. I could have gotten some cheaper stuff and maybe a single less powerfull 4 channel amp, but I would still be over $1000.

There are a couple of cheaper ways to go though...

1. just add a sub and an amp to your stock system.
2. add a sub and an amp and a new head unit but no new front speakers.

Choise number two would sound better than choice one.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah, you will save money by keeping the stock deck. Even just new speakers, sub w/ amp will work. But you don't have to have a sub. If you spend a bit more on your front stage, you don't have to get a sub.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've never heard of anyone getting aftermarket speakers without a sub. The reason why this is so is because aftermarket speakers have NO BASS. That's why a sub is pretty much a requirement. For $600, you could probably get a new deck and a component set and that's it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I installed my complete system myself and it was not that difficult (HU, sub, amp, component speakers). Just remember install runs it up, and also those "accessories" that you need like an amp kit, box for the sub, wires, etc always run up the price fast. I spent $200 alone in wires in my setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts