NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am looking to get the enkei rs5's and they are 40 mm offset in 17 x 7. my freins has 17 x 8 wiht 35 mm offset and i like the look with the wheels pushed out to the fender edge no pasti but nice and flush. Will a 5 mm spacer help to place the wheels to the edge of the fender? if not then what will i need or just learn to live with it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also would there be any performanc edifference between havingn spacers and not haveing spacers

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There's nothing inherently wrong with spacers. As long as you're not straying to far from stock offset and you're not going so thick as to start running out of stud threads, you should be fine. Using 5mm to get to 35mm offset should be fine. You'll still be a half inch away from sticking out as far as your buddy though (due to the diff in wheel width)

·
Registered
918 Posts
yea i had 5mm spacers on for a while with no problems. im moving the 5 to the front and putting 15mm inthe back. i have to change the studs for 15mm because there is no thread left...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies
will look and see wha i an get in 17 x 8 so don't have to deal with the spacers and if i can't then i'll try them

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
its not the width that's the matter, its the offset....
if we're talking about how far the wheels stick out, it's both

1 - 9 of 9 Posts