NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Yeah I have the same question but for a GT-S. Smaay, I remember you mentioning your recommendation a while ago. What do you suggest for a GT-S? I have 2-steps colder iridium plugs. Thanks.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by GTS_TURBO_HUNGR
I thought they were already gapped fine from factory. I got IK22 on my GTS and i didnt gap them. Is this really necesary?
Usually....different cars require different gaps. The plugs don't come gapped for each specific car.

· Registered
701 Posts
I thought the gap for the gts was a step or 2 colder than the gt plugs so i got the gts sparkplugs for my gt... I dont know if thats true or not becasue when i looked at both they looked the same, but everything is running fine....

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by venomceli
I thought the gap for the gts was a step or 2 colder than the gt plugs so i got the gts sparkplugs for my gt... I dont know if thats true or not becasue when i looked at both they looked the same, but everything is running fine....
I think they are one step colder. At least one step maybe 2. I'm not sure what the GT is though.

· Registered
2,546 Posts
You should just gap them to stock specs. The only way you would want to go lower in gapping is if your mis-firing. If you mis-fire at .28, I would recommend going .2 lower. IF it happends again, repeat the step.

· Registered
3,734 Posts
I already tried cleaning that MAF but i didn't knwo that could've been causing the code, so i'll try to clean it some more. Thanks!

· Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im getting random misfire codes and my ngk's coppers were preset to .040 How do i make them .030, ive only increased the # before, i have never decreased, do i just ben the top piece down?
tia

· Registered
56 Posts
monkeywrench said:
Generally nobody goes smaller than .028 on anything resembling a street car. Really no gains smaller than that. We normally run NGK coppers at .030-.035.

well i had a misfire issue..and gapping down to .022 was the only option...i had done negated all the fuel i could...gapping that low fixed the miss up top. i got a graph to show the miss..originally i had figured it was a maf issue..however untrue...it was a spark issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.