NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys here we go... I am looking for some component speakers for the front doors and maybe 6.5 or 4x6 for the back... Not sure if Im gonna get a new head unit or not so I may get a new amp to run them. Any suggestions on brand or type to get. Not trying for compitition level here or killing the check book but I am not broke either.... I can spend some money.. Also I need a good compacitor but it will never be seen so is there a good cheap brand out there that I can pick up. Only need a 1 farad for what I am doing? But it has to be reliable. I cant decide! Little help would be nice

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
for speakers, i recommend polk db/momo series, infinity kappa/perfect, boston acoustics sx series...i don't understand why you would want 4X6 in the rear. you can fit 6.5", i would recommend you to go with that. also it's best to power these speakers by external amp...

as for capacitor, i have an extra 1F monster cap i ordered by mistake, contact me if you're interested...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was going to mount they flat and close in the hole in the back for the arm rest.. fiber glass it in for the custom look but I had not decide if I shoudl go with 6.5 or 4 6 . You probley right but I am customizing the front doors and back armrest so that the grills and or speakers show. also if the front have nice looking cross overs I may have them flush so the tops show.
Anythoughts and YES I am interested in the Compacitor can you take a pic of it and post it or email me with it?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
if you want to custom fiberglass the rear arm rest...why not have both 4x6 and 6.5 in the wall??

and the cap is brand new, please PM me your email addie...

·
Registered
459 Posts
well,

you said you can spend some money. whats your price range? thats a big factor in picking a speaker. i would recommend 6.5 components in front and 6.5 coaxials (or no speakers) in the rear.

for under 250 bucks in the front you can get some good CDT Audio speakers, Alpine Type X.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Alpine Type X is 75 watts RMS, i dont recall the sensitivty, that also matters a lot. In my opinion you dont need anything more than 100 rms per speaker, especially when that speaker is less than 2 feet from your ear. Im sure the company under rates its RMS handling to protect its warranty as most good companies do. Try woofersetc.com they have a lot of speakers, sub, amps, etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Keep talking people this is the info I want. I am not planning on being in compitions are anything I just want it to be good a solid stuff. Any opinions on Kicker KS65.2 Componates. Also looking at the Alpines but I dont know, I have always disliked their head units but heard the speakers are great. Personal thing there. What about Eclipes are they still as good as they were a few years back. I never hear anything about them. One other question. What is yall opinion on mismatched set ups vs KICKER AMP KICK SPEAKERS or any company but matching speakers to amps.
Is it the right thing or not super important?
I have a Lightning Audio Storm Amp with a 12 duel voice coil and 400 rms. Really sounds good.... thinking about Kicker 400rms 12 too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh also Rage is the campacitor a digital cause I am thinking about only having the top stick up if it is.... Do you have the mounting bracket. and you said $60 shipped right?

·
Registered
459 Posts
good speakers for not too much money....

infinity kappa
polk
alpine
cdt

i really dont think you have to match your speakers to your amp at all

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
BayouDealer said:
Oh also Rage is the campacitor a digital cause I am thinking about only having the top stick up if it is.... Do you have the mounting bracket. and you said $60 shipped right?
yeah, it's all there with the capacitor...brackets and all...it's brand new in package...the cap is NOT a digital type...

you don't need to match everything with one brand...example, rockford makes good amps, but their HUs aren't that great...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
wattage is one of the least important factor...clarity and quality is more important tha crappy music. i would rather go for boston acoutics pro60 series or jl audio xr or zr series. mb quart's q line is also very good.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
and if you get good enough speakers, you dont need a amp to run them as long as the headunit is good. pioneers are more bass favoring while alpines are better for vocals. i have compared the two recently and alpine is much better for highs. this is basically what i have run into. the quality of the speakers are good enough to be crystal clear on the highest notes. bass quality turned out equally as well.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have the infinity reference series, they were on sale at circuit city for 80 a pair when I got them. They sound great to me for voice and the sub takes care of the bass.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
kkrkeith7 said:
Alpine Type X is 75 watts RMS, i dont recall the sensitivty, that also matters a lot. In my opinion you dont need anything more than 100 rms per speaker, especially when that speaker is less than 2 feet from your ear. Im sure the company under rates its RMS handling to protect its warranty as most good companies do. Try woofersetc.com they have a lot of speakers, sub, amps, etc.

alpine under-rates their products, but when you buy them it will give you a test sheet with actual adjusted ratings. Usually its not a lot more, but every little bit helps

I've had alpine type r components for 3+ years and they still work and sound great despite the frequent abuse i subject them to.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
slvrcelicagt00 said:
and if you get good enough speakers, you dont need a amp to run them as long as the headunit is good. pioneers are more bass favoring while alpines are better for vocals. i have compared the two recently and alpine is much better for highs. this is basically what i have run into. the quality of the speakers are good enough to be crystal clear on the highest notes. bass quality turned out equally as well.
that assumption is incorrect...external amp can and will out perform any internal built-in amp from the HU. the amp can filter the signal much better the HU can...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guess he wanted to get the last word Good LUCK IN BOOT!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts