NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on the forum super long, but Im a moderator on toyota nation and solara guy. I am looking to upgrade my stock fuel injectors on my supercharged 1mzfe toyota solara to something in the neighborhood of a 320-330cc flow rate. It seems that NA MK4 supra injectors have been used in the past, but 2zz celica injectors were also recommended to me.

I searched around quite a bit but was unable to find the actual specs of these injectors. I am looking for the part number printed on the injectors, a picture of them, and the flow rate if anyone has that info. This would be of use to the rest of the solara community as well, so I want to do the research right for once haha. I apologize if this has been discussed, I didnt have much luck other than the fact that the stock flow rate seems to be 320cc.

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot!

Damon

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Are the Supra injectors you're talking about top feed and high impedance? Curious about those...

There are two different sets of GT-S injectors, both top feed and high impedance, not 100% certain on the lag times, but I think they're ~1 msec.

Older version (yellow) flows 310 cc's, the later ones (brown) flow 330 cc. Apparently the ECU and injectors were upgraded as the 310's tended to have leakdown problems and caused misfires (there's a TSB on this).

Boosted2.0 probably has more info on this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, the ones I am talking about are high impedance and top feed as well. here is an image of the supra injector I am referring to:

It sounds like they will actually fit my car now, which is good to hear, but Id still like to know more about these injectors for future reference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I acutally know the guy that is selling those because he thinks they dont fit the solara- thats why we are trying to clear up if they do or not, but that is a different topic :lol:

I have the specs and info on the supra injectors, Im just curious to know what the specs on the celica 2zz ones are and what they look like. I will keep searching the web and other forums, but I thought Id ask you guys first.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
I have the specs and info on the supra injectors, Im just curious to know what the specs on the celica 2zz ones are and what they look like.
There are two different sets of GT-S injectors, both top feed and high impedance, not 100% certain on the lag times, but I think they're ~1 msec.

Older version (yellow) flows 310 cc's, the later ones (brown) flow 330 cc. Apparently the ECU and injectors were upgraded as the 310's tended to have leakdown problems and caused misfires (there's a TSB on this).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the same, but the 1mz doesnt require as much fuel as the 2zz- I can run stock injectors all the way to 6 psi, but they would most likely be maxed out by then and I dont want to risk it. The stock 1mz solara injectors are about 280cc, so 315-330 is plenty for what the motor is capable of running on stock internals.

And thanks Jitman, I guess I was curious to see what they look like and if anyone had a part number, but for the most part thats what I needed to know I guess... Ill keep searching for a pic and part number.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
I thought the same, but the 1mz doesnt require as much fuel as the 2zz- I can run stock injectors all the way to 6 psi, but they would most likely be maxed out by then and I dont want to risk it. The stock 1mz solara injectors are about 280cc, so 315-330 is plenty for what the motor is capable of running on stock internals.

And thanks Jitman, I guess I was curious to see what they look like and if anyone had a part number, but for the most part thats what I needed to know I guess... Ill keep searching for a pic and part number.
P/N's for both the old (yellow) and new (brown) should be listed in the misfire TSB. Check the Tech Info section ;)

EDIT: What the? Looks like the TSB's didn't survive the recent v-bulletin update :confused: Anybody have this info?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts