NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got puled over doing last night doing 80+(thats what he wrote on tiket) on a 45. (i knew i was speeding but it wasent 80+) It was at night so i was going about 60 to 65 on an Big street so i pass thrugh a a small srteet and then i see the flashing lights. I know he was bs wen he wrote 80+. He dint pace me or Get me on the radar gun if it maters.(the tiket says aprosimately)

Need Some help here. How can i fight this tiket? How can i do trafic school even thogh it hasent been 18 months since my last tiket?

Please help!!!

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
approximately? seems like visual estimation. Go to court. Ask for certifications. Ticket might as well be dropped.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Red_Gt-s_Cali said:
I just got puled over doing last night doing 80+(thats what he wrote on tiket) on a 45. (i knew i was speeding but it wasent 80+) It was at night so i was going about 65 to 70 on an Big street so i pass thrugh a a small srteet and then i see the flashing lights. I know he was bs wen he wrote 80+. He dint pace me or Get me on the radar gun if it maters.(the tiket says aprosimately)

Need Some help here. How can i fight this tiket? How can i do trafic school even thogh it hasent been 18 months since my last tiket?

Please help!!!
Steal a 65mph sign off the interstate and put it up in place of the 45mph sign and take a picture of it to submit as evidence that you did nothing wrong.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
approximately? seems like visual estimation. Go to court. Ask for certifications. Ticket might as well be dropped.

What do you mean when you say "Ask for Certifications"?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Gt-s_Cali
What do you mean when you say "Ask for Certifications"?
Officers I believe have to be certifeid in "visual estimation"

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Speaking of tickets.............
The other day i was driving in Connecticut to Bradley Airport to take pics of planes flying for my digital phot class at school and i guess in the terminal area i took a left turn at a light that isnt aloud... and so a state trooper gave me a ticket for $95.00.
............it sucks to get owned by a super trooper, lol.

-greg

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by clayrush
Go to court. you have a 50% chance he won't show up.

:werd: If he shows, and he somehow wins. You pay the ticket. I mean, You broke the law after all.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
There are no such things as visual certifications ( sorry cant pick up the sarcasm if your being sarcastic)

Here are the steps:

fight the ticket by trial by written declaration. Show up on the date on your ticket

ask for a trial by written declaration (have your check book handy)

Pay the fee first

You receive papers on how to fight the ticket

Ask for a Leniancy i believe thats what its called (basically it gives you an extension of 15 days)

The reason to ask for a leniancy is because the longer you have to submit your essay the more likely the cop will forget who you are or what happened. Imagine the cop writes a certain amount of tickets each month. Theres no way hes going to remember you unless you were a jerk or something

Write an essay on what happened (dont even admit you were speeding) attack the officer on how he didnt use his radar gun or any forms of pacing

Turn the essay in about 2-3 days before its due (I turned both of my TBD's 2 days before)

The cop will be notified

The cop will be asked to write an essay on what happened ( ITS A FACT THAT 40% chance that he will not write back since he has to do that on his spare time and is not required to do so. As compared to showing up in court where he gets paid overtime for an incentive to show up)

If the cop doesnt write back you win

If the cop writes back a judge will review both essays and decide who wins

Wait 2 months for the results

If you win you get your money back

NOW IF YOU LOSE

if you lose ask for a Trial De Novo

Show to court and hope he doesnt show but be prepared

fight your way out of it

DO NOT GIVE IN AND JUST PAY THE FINE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE COP WANTS YOU TO DO

Pros of writing a trial by written declaration
40% chance of winning, If you lose that you have another chance to fight it in court via trial de novo and if you win nothing gets put on your records.

If you just decide to fight it in court and you lose you will have to take traffic school if you still have that as an option as compared by writing a TBD where you have 2 chances.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Vroom_Vroom
There are no such things as visual certifications ( sorry cant pick up the sarcasm if your being sarcastic)
I have read, tho of course not confirmed, that an officer can have some sort of training that would make him pick a spot from say, a house to a car that he would then assume it takes 2.4 seconds to cover the predetermined distance.

Supposedly requires some sort of "visual certification".

·
Registered
346 Posts
go to court and ask to change the date two times. He wont show then.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Red_Gt-s_Cali said:
I just got puled over doing last night doing 80+(thats what he wrote on tiket) on a 45. (i knew i was speeding but it wasent 80+) It was at night so i was going about 65 to 70 on an Big street so i pass thrugh a a small srteet and then i see the flashing lights. I know he was bs wen he wrote 80+. He dint pace me or Get me on the radar gun if it maters.(the tiket says aprosimately)

Please help!!!
Alot of good advice here, especially the trial by written declaration.

However...

I think you should go to Toys 'R' Us first and invest in a Speak and Spell before you write an essay about what happened.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
First of all, whether what the officer wrote was a mistake...

1. Don't you think it's kind of stupid to be doing 20+ MPH over the speed limit...especially at night in the open? Anything more than 25 MPH is reckless driving which will automatically wipe out your chances for traffic school.

2. If you were driving that fast, you should have been more observant for cops.

3. Those of you suggesting the Ticket Assassin, STFU. The purpose of that site was to encourage fighting unfair traffic citations, not blatant reckless speeding violations (the original poster admitted to driving 20+ over). Even if this moron used TA, the commissioner ruling on the case isn't going to buy the arguments given the nature of the alleged violation. Also, officers are more likely to show/respond for more serious cases. Many in the import cohort have used the same templates over and over. Traffic courts probably have the templates memorized by now. I've seen enough threads on other boards about Ticket Assassin users losing their cases, even for petty fractures of the law.

4. Judges hardly ever grant 2nd offender traffic school. In your case it won't happen unless you have a damned good excuse. Consider yourself screwed.

5. Oh and that other ticket that was set aside when you took traffic school? Consider that one back on your record, because you took traffic school as a promise that you would not screw up again for 18 months. If that one was also for speeding, you didn't learn your lesson, did you?

Jim Carrey's quote from Liar Liar perfectly applies to this situation:

Stop breaking the law, asshole.

·
Registered
107 Posts
im not saying that he should be speeding, im just saying that he felt like he was somehow being cheated by the system then he should contest the ticket. im not saying that it has to be dropped completely but at least reduced to the speed that he was actually driving. im not sure of the fines in cali but im sure its a big difference in fines from 65 to 80. also the docs on the site shouldnt be copied just used as a reference for an individual case.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm...Well if you lived in Indiana I would say that the chances of you getting off are slim and none. Anything 20 mph over the speed limit is considered reckless endangerment. If this happend your car could be impounded, you could be thrown in jail,and prosecuted. Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MISTER 2 said:
:rofl: :werd:

80 in a 45, you should not be driving :idiot:

First of all i just want to say i wasent going 80 on a 45.
I know i was speeding but my speed was more in the 60-65 range nothing close to 80.If i was going 80 i wouldent be complaning of s**t. I would of just took the ticket and paid it and suffered the concequences. Thats why im asking for poiners on how to fight the case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts