NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove to Toronto and got a speeding ticket there(96 on 60)(kmh)

Do I have to pay for the speeding ticket and will my insurance company know about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Provinces and states which are next to each other will usually collect speeding ticket money for each other.

Not to mention if you do not pay and are ever in Ontario again you could be arrested on contempt of court charges, which automatically includes a 30 impounding of your car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am NOT going to pay for the ticket.

So that means I better not to speed again next time I visit Ontario?

Or they will just arrest me when I cross the border next time?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
yah just make sure you dont get pulled over when you come back...they wont do anything to you...same thing happened to me when I drove to North Carolina. Never payed it and I just have to be careful now

·
Registered
997 Posts
teletubbies said:
I am NOT going to pay for the ticket.

So that means I better not to speed again next time I visit Ontario?

Or they will just arrest me when I cross the border next time?
You do realize that when you cross the border they check your plates right? So as soon as you and coem into Canada they will arrest you and impound your car. Pay the ticket.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
a friend of mine got a speeding ticket in cananda and never payed it and somehow he manages to go across the border still...he might drive a different car cause i would imagine they would stop you at the border...its your risk though

·
Registered
997 Posts
You speed, you pay, it is as simple as that.

And btw you must have been driving like an idito to get a ticket worth $440, cause I persoanlly know that 40 km over the limit is $330.

You are lucky that you were not brought up on dangerous driving charges, in which case you would have a crimminal record in Canada, making your trips to country other than the USA a very difficult ordeal.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
think down the road...... 5-10 years your taking a vacation trip to Canada or whatever and you get pulled over for some small.... tail light out or some thing... They pull your plates license and see that you have a way over due ticket. It would be embrassing as heck for you (not to mention embrassing for your passangers) wind up in jail or stuck with out a ride home for some thing like this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
never mind plates, wouldn't your name come up on some database thing when u cross the border to and from TO? just a thought

GTS-6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts