NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from California, but I was on my way to Dallas, TX to visit my parents for the summer, and I was already in Texas, on a small highway in the middle of the night going about 80 mph while talking on the cell phone. I see a single car up ahead me about a mile away, and I notice that it's a state trooper. I slow down to about 65, the speed limit for night as I reach about half a mile away from him. He's going even slower than me, but I thought nothing of it since I had already slowed down for some time. As soon as I pass him though, he turns on the lights and pulls me over.

He gets my license and insurance and makes out the ticket. I ask him what method he used to figure out I was speeding and at what speed I was going. He said 80 mph in a 65 with radar. I ask to see, and he tells me he is not required by Texas law to let me see the reading.

Now, I'm pissed, so I keep questioning him, and he just tells me to call the judge to find out how to pay the fines and such.

I don't want to pay the fine for such bull****, but the town is like 200 miles from where my parents live. How should I go about dealing with this? He told me I have to call the judge, and I have to appear in court within the next couple weeks.

I want to fight this ticket. Anyone got any advice? That cop was such a ass too, I want so much to fight this ticket.

- Umair

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you can fight it but you wont win..especially against small highway towns..they thrive on tickets so if you want to waste your summer time going back and fourth to that town i suggest you pay the fine..you gotta be aware when driving through the small towns..i use to live in texas and i frequently visit so i know..i gotta ticket for speeding no less than 2 minutes from entering texas from oklahoma..good thing he saw my military id or else i'd have to pay a 80 in a 65 as well..plus you shouldnt be talking on your cell phone anyways while driving..might as well cover up one eye and drive.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Zoommair said:
I'm from California, but I was on my way to Dallas, TX to visit my parents for the summer, and I was already in Texas, on a small highway in the middle of the night going about 80 mph while talking on the cell phone. I see a single car up ahead me about a mile away, and I notice that it's a state trooper. I slow down to about 65, the speed limit for night as I reach about half a mile away from him. He's going even slower than me, but I thought nothing of it since I had already slowed down for some time. As soon as I pass him though, he turns on the lights and pulls me over.

He gets my license and insurance and makes out the ticket. I ask him what method he used to figure out I was speeding and at what speed I was going. He said 80 mph in a 65 with radar. I ask to see, and he tells me he is not required by Texas law to let me see the reading.

Now, I'm pissed, so I keep questioning him, and he just tells me to call the judge to find out how to pay the fines and such.

I don't want to pay the fine for such bull****, but the town is like 200 miles from where my parents live. How should I go about dealing with this? He told me I have to call the judge, and I have to appear in court within the next couple weeks.

I want to fight this ticket. Anyone got any advice? That cop was such a ass too, I want so much to fight this ticket.

- Umair
you should fight it but fight smart, schedule a court date and then later on cancel it and make up an excuse for that court date to reschedule a new one, do it until you think is one of the busiest days of the year and then show up to court, more then likely he will not show up and they will dismiss your ticket

·
Registered
659 Posts
tickets

i was driving a uhaul back from tx and about 1hr out of san ant. i got pulled over for not getting into the far lane when there is an emergency vehicle pulled to the side of the road. keep in mind that this is only law in tx and not ca. i explained that me being from ca, how the hell was i supposed to know. he didnt care and gave me the ticket. then the a$$hole wanted to search the uhaul. in little towns like that they take advantage of you bcuz they know ur a long way from home and ur probly not coming back their way anytime soon.

·
Registered
659 Posts
ZenoGenProducts said:
ya thats why you buy radars, and guns in your car incase one pisses you off, thats a gangsters life, if ur a gang banger...
radar ok, gun? maybe. only in the house, not in the car. no gang banger here. just ask my cuzns, bangin gets u nowhere but killed or locked up. besides, i dont need anyone helpin me take care of business, i can do that myself.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
seriously..how can you defend yourself for going 80-65? if its not a life threating or a emergency type situation im willing to bet the judge will favor the cop instead of an out of state driver.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thing is, I was going 80 for most the trip, and many times was one of the slower ones on the road. Only on that strip of highway where I was the only freakin car out within a 5 mile radius did I get unlucky! >_<

Oh, and it's BS because I know the only reason the cop was out there in the middle of nowhere was to gain revenue for his little town. I know this because as soon as he got my license, he said he was going to write my ticket and be right back to explain how to pay for it. Then, he got very impatient when I started asking him questions.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Zoommair said:
Oh, and it's BS because I know the only reason the cop was out there in the middle of nowhere was to gain revenue for his little town. I know this because as soon as he got my license, he said he was going to write my ticket and be right back to explain how to pay for it. Then, he got very impatient when I started asking him questions.
If this is true I would suggest contacting the FBI and have them investigate the local pigs ask them also if any similar incedents have taken place will help your cause, if they find a pattern and similar offenses and complaints made against those rossers, then they might take federal action and lock the filth away for fraud / courpt policing etc. If they are purely doing this for proffit then I would espect the village judge to also be on in the plot, i'm sure you can request a civil case and another judge in a different county else take it further higher up.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Zoommair said:
Maybe he was a dick...but you were guilty of what he charged you with. If you don't want to get hassled by cops...don't do 15mph over through their town, its that simple.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts