NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nice dude, is that from Princess cruise lines? I took one up to Alaska the ship was really nice and classy, although there were not many young kids at all on it :( only older more affluent people :( (i'm only 19 and went with my family)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yup, that was on the Grand Princess I believe. The Alaskan cruise is more for old people who like looking at floating ice. If you take a Caribbean cruise like I did (Im 18 and went with my family), there are always tons of hot chicks out in the sun ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
wow. that video quality is amazing!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Naw

Tethering it to my laptop.

Controllers are ~$50.00. I have a link to one on ebay that looks decent, but unfortunatly it's in the middle of a timelapse atm :D!
The one I did didn't work out -at all-. I learned a few important lessons with it, so I'll be trying again soon when it stops frking raining!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Why didn't it work? Share so we can learn from your mistake.
1) Shot in RAW instead of JPEG (converting it ****ing sucks and you'll never get good quality out of converting for when u have to compile the sequence to a .mov)

2) Horrible placement of camera (This was a test so I placed it inside by the window to shoot outside, it was getting dark and i accidently kept the kitchen light on and got glare for half of it)

3) Exposure (I'm still fuzzy about this. I was doing a day to night timelapse, but there was no source light to make it cool looking, and turned out pitch black.

Basically tonight (if it stops raining) I'm going to go ontop of this local park that looks overtop of the city and do a sunset, and make sure my exposure is good enough for when the light completely goes out and the city lights do their thang.

An intervolmeter would be awesome, but I don't feel like shelling out $50 atm for one..

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Maybe at night you'll have to change the exposure settings to long shutter?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
freakkin nice quality man, i got to get me one of these

21 - 40 of 60 Posts