NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my M1 licence but have very little experience riding. Yamaha approved me for a 9k line of credit. I have been shopping around for a good beginner bike and I cant make up my mind:confused:. Thinking of getting an 06 R6 or an 08 1100 vstar. The R6 is sexxxy :drool:and nimble but the cruiser feels sooo comfortable and is more reliable with a classic style:cool:. I want to get a bike I wont quickly outgrow but I dont want a bike that will be too much for me to handle. Im leaning towards the vstar cruiser so I can get my footing on a motorcycle then move up to a sport bike.

I appreciate the feedback from my NC peeps. :wiggle:

·
Murse Practitioner.
2,911 Posts
^Everything Truc would say has been said.

Sports bikes and cruisers are different riding styles. I don't feel you need a cruiser to "step up" to a sport bike. You have to decide what style of looks and riding fit you best, then choose a bike.

If you want a sport bike an R6, CBR600, GSXR600 they are all good bikes. Ducati is also a great bike the 749 or 849 are awesome. But with the Italian name comes slightly more expensive maintenance.

Yamaha and Honda also make some nice cruiser style bikes if you're not into the Harley scene. A decent combo of sport/cruiser that you might look into would be a Harley Sportster. It's decently quick and nimble but a more comfortable sitting position.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harley and yamaha approved a loan. I just need to choose. The only good thing is that yamaha credit line dosent ask for comp and collission while harley demands full coverage.
Ill be making up my mind in next week or two. In the meantime my bro inlaw has a 2010 R6 he is late on registration for. I offered to pay his registration current and buy a new battery in exchange for a month or two with the bike.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I have a 06 R6 in blue, and wish I wish I had gotten a R1 because I'm so bored with my R6 and the power but I'm going to just get a power commander, BMC filter and headers built to match up my LOR exhaust. How tall are you too? I'm 6' and without my rear adjustable rear sets it was a pain to ride. If you want to be confortable on long trips, cruiser, but if you like hitting canyons and track like myself, truc or brad then sports bike is the way to go. Either way, good luck and ride safe man.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
this sh!t again....why don't you just settle for a vespa...:headbang:....one of these days Im gonna get one and ride that ish to SD and let that air hit my hair....:headbang:

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
do you want to go fast and kill yourself when you yarr into a tree at 140 mph or do you want to look like a retarded douchebag and make lots of stupid noise?

·
Your mom's name here
1,244 Posts
Get a cruiser, unless you know of a track that you will take your bike to on the reg. I have an 08 zx6 and honestly... How often can you go 120+?

Dont get a harley, your 9k will buy your jacket and harley helmet.

Most places (idk if it's states or $ loaners) require full coverage on anything that has a note on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts