NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang

I finally got around to getting my full Sportivo kit installed today, and the car came off the 4-post HIGHER than it was on the stock shocks and springs!

Apparently they need a couple of weeks to settle down, but is that normal? I knew the drop would be tiny, but I didn't expect it to go UP!!!

V. odd. Reports of any experiences gladly appreciated :)

Stephen

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
They will settle in a few weeks..sometimes even takes a few months...the reason why you might think it is higher now is probably due to worn struts/springs that you were riding on before.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Uh, no. It shouldn't take that long. My sportivo suspension took some canyon carving driving and they settled. Now, keep in mind, the drop is so small, you will barely notice it. You are looking at 3/4" at the most. I eventually replaced the springs with sportlines and the rear shocks with Tokico blues (Same ones as TRD actually uses, but the TRD's cannot accept aftermarket springs due to the modified perch). The handling is phenomenal now.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Springs take a "little while" to settle...whether it be 1 week to 3 months, it depends on how often you drive your car...you know the springs aren't made out of paper mache...it doesn't settle over night, just drive and enjoy the new suspension and before you know it, it'll have been settled...better yet, hit up some autox events to speed up the process...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts