NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes....

I had a set of trd springs for about a month in my room, but never had the time to install. I've been to a couple of places and had been quoted two different prices. One was from a dealer (I know lots of $$$$$) that one was $500.00 another was from NTB that one was about 230 bucks. Now if you can please advice where I can get a cheaper rate than both of these.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
DIY is possible and not dangerous, compared to some. But air tools help greatly.

If not, Driver's Image in Skokie should be able to beat that. Now some on here have had bad experiences there (I think Jesse, for one) but I've had some better success and Joe (the guy who will do the work) can change your springs pretty quick (45 minutes) and cheaper than $230.

Mike

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, I would do it myself if it wasn't cold out, oh wait it is suppose to be 60 on the weekend. I might just try it. How much is the price for the install in driver's image?

·
Registered
58 Posts
id just do it yourself, me and a couple buddies did mine, and I just bought them two large pizza's and a case and we ate and installed, saved me a ton

·
Registered
336 Posts
jmilo, did you tighten all the bolts back to the torque specs when you did it? In the other install thread I saw that, just curious where you got that info, thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I remember we just tightened the **** out of them, But im sure you could check with your local dealer and see what the original settings would be.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them installed today at APGperformance for 150 bucks which is the best deal that I found so far. The springs are awesome not a noticable drop but a noticable handling change :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts