NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps.. i have a question about springs... I have sprint springs which are supposed to lower my celica 2 inches. Now the springs are OEM size but shorter right. When I put the spring into place starting with the bottom perch where the spring sits on the end of the spring fits in perfectly but on the top perch where the spring ends its out by 90 degrees.... I need to know if I can just turn the perch to make the spring fit in and then everything is kewl or is this bad? What should be done? This is the only way I can see it fitting because the end of the spring doesnt match the groove on the top perch... So should I just move it the inch or two over to make it fit or what?? I really need a reply with the correct answer by sunday night.. please email me with answers.... thanx a lot... [email protected]

also another lil question, everytime the car is raised on a hoist i guess the spring will come loose a bit and fall back into place when the weight of the car comes back down on them right?? there shouldnt be any problems right? is this how most cars are when having aftermarket springs?? thanx..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
not sure why your springs would not fit right i suggest checking with the manufacturer

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
You can turn the upper plate, but I recommend putting a spring compressor on them first before doing it. Whoever put them in for you simply didn't align them correctly.
The spring should not come loose if it's not under a load. If it does there is something seriously wrong. The spring should fit snugly against the upper and lower plates. Thus, the spring compressor.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ummm...i have hotchkis springs and the rear is so short that it does come loose a lil when the car is on the lift....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys thanx for all your inputs...... toyota here where i live dont know a things and explained to me the wrong thing and they had no clue so of all places i got ford to install then and what toyota told me was totally wrong and that guys at ford laughed and put them in no probs and they fit perfect so nuttin to worry about now.. hahahah// peeps these days hey.. oh well thanx again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts