Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
redlinegts85 said:
What are some springs that I can buy that give the lowest drop available? Do the Tanabe DF210's give the lowest drop, or are there others?
The DF210s are the lowest available. Tho if you're going that low it would be a good idea to go with coilovers. If you must go with DF210s match them with Koni yellows.

·
Banned
816 Posts
That's what I thought, but apparently the skunk 2's are a little lower. They are 2.25"f and 2.5r, while the DF210's are 2.2f and 2.5r. So I guess basically the same thing.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
^^ ultra lame.

Did you talk to the tech info guy or just the customer service guy?
It was a customer service person, but I'm pretty sure she asked a tech guy because I was placed on hold for a while. She said something about them measuring their spring rates differently than other manufacturers, so their published spring rates would not be comparable.

I'm pretty sure she meant that they have some kind of progressive spring rate, but why they don't publish any numbers, I couldn't tell ya.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
A lot of places (racecomp comes to mind) do not publish their spring rates because they are afraid that some eBay company will just directly copy the spring rates and undercut them on price.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.