NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to drop the car soon, and curious if I should go ahead and invest in both. I live in ****road, virginia... so I assume the shocks won't last long w/ TRD springs. There are alot of inclines here too, and hilly mountain roads.

Should I make the jump and get TRD springs and shocks, or what? How much will both run me?

Thx.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just posted a similar question.
I have everything stock, and have had for about 8 months or so with Eibach Pro Kit.
I think that it might be time to get more work done.
SO,
I guess you really don't need to do it yet, you have a few months, depending on how you drive your car and where you live. I live in Ohio and we have plenty of everything. Plus too much snow!

·
Registered
579 Posts
personally i wouldn't lower without struts, but if your strapped for cash you should be abl to go on stock struts for a few months before damaging them or wearing them out, if yo ucan afford it, i'd do it all at once... also save syou for a 2nd install just to get the struts in...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coOOlcelica said:
there is nothing wrong with va streets....:)

well in some places
im on the opposite side of the state - almost in tennessee "coal-town virginia", as some people like to call it. The roads here suck, there's a place RIGHT on mainstreet where I know im gonna drag everytime I drive overtop of it. It's like a 6 foot wide pothole or something - the streets here are horrible in the winter, they usually patch up in summer.

O.k. I had a TRD Tacoma, so I'm a TRD person - I know the TRD springs are good, and don't drop as much as some springs... which is what I need, so what kind of shocks should I go for? I'm on a limited budget & wanna get the bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
The only probs with doing one and not the other is you are going to have to do it twice (1x for springs and 1x for shocks) and occasionall on large pothols speed bumps etc if you take them too fast you will bottom out. With just springs your ride is going to be a little rougher than if you did both at the same time as well. I say spring for the TRD springs and tokico shocks or the tokico spring/shock combo they are /were about 425 for the combo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So what would be some good Shocks or Struts...?
Can you get say TRD shocks and struts??
Would that help tighten the ride???

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had TRD Springs and stock struts. I drove it for about a year! And now, its getting worn out and the ride is not as good as it used to be. So I would suggest if you can afford it, go for the combo. You wouldn't be disappointed. BTW, I'm going with KYB struts.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tbird7800 said:
I had TRD Springs and stock struts. I drove it for about a year! And now, its getting worn out and the ride is not as good as it used to be. So I would suggest if you can afford it, go for the combo. You wouldn't be disappointed. BTW, I'm going with KYB struts.
thanks for the feedback man. I checked some places today and it looks like a trd shock/spring combo is gonna cost about 630 dollars. guess its time to work overtime and save :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Get the tokico combo. $400 and if you get Tokico blues they are the same thing as the TRD shocks (pretty sure).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts