NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen so many cars in this site, and there are lots of comments like: Lower ur car, what is your spring? etc?

So.... I know that changing the springs will lower your car (Right?) but, I want to know if there is any disadvantage lowering the car, like if it will tremble a lot in the road?

And which one of the spring is the most common to fit the car and looks nice?

THank YOU!

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
Lowering your car is a good thing. I always lowered any car that I owned. It feels good when you meneuver on the road like changing lanes and turning corners. It also looks nice when you have a sporty looking car. Ofcourse there's always a disadvantage of everything. The only disadvantage you might have is you will feel the road a little bit more but that's what most car enthusiast want anyway. Most sports cars and pretty much all exotic cars are lowered for a reason. It's about having fun driving. Luxury cars are just about relaxing when you drive that's why most of it are not lowered and it's very smooth when you drive. I personaly dont like that cus it makes me go to sleep. And when you get rims for your ride, sometimes it looks stupid without lowering it or having a bodykit if you didnt lower it. Looks like a four wheeler.

My springs are Eibach. One of the best brand known for suspension. Most people here like Tien but my choice is eibachs cus i never heard anybody complained about their suspensions. Get camper kits and strut bars, sway bars and it won't hurt your ride that much.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
oONoGoAutoOo said:
depends on the kind of drop and shocks that you get.
:werd: i think if you go w/ anything over 2in, your stock shocks will wear much faster. just depends on what your lookin for and your road conditions, also your tolerance for a sh*tty ride if you stay on stock shocks.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
epicwolf said:
Lowering your car is a good thing. I always lowered any car that I owned. It feels good when you meneuver on the road like changing lanes and turning corners. It also looks nice when you have a sporty looking car. Ofcourse there's always a disadvantage of everything. The only disadvantage you might have is you will feel the road a little bit more but that's what most car enthusiast want anyway. Most sports cars and pretty much all exotic cars are lowered for a reason. It's about having fun driving. Luxury cars are just about relaxing when you drive that's why most of it are not lowered and it's very smooth when you drive. I personaly dont like that cus it makes me go to sleep. And when you get rims for your ride, sometimes it looks stupid without lowering it or having a bodykit if you didnt lower it. Looks like a four wheeler.

My springs are Eibach. One of the best brand known for suspension. Most people here like Tien but my choice is eibachs cus i never heard anybody complained about their suspensions. Get camper kits and strut bars, sway bars and it won't hurt your ride that much.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree about falling asleep in non-lowered cars. I just came home from a 20-minute drive and in my dad's new Tacoma, and I barely made it home awake.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i did use ground control coilovers, ebay knock offs, and im with tein now and tein's SS HA coilovers are great! love the feel and its adjustable as well..downside is Price/scraping things/breaking ur kit if ur not careful/voiding warranty/cops will impound ur car if its too low (certain states only)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts