NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2002 GT, and I'm hearing a squeaking noise coming from the back of the car when it's > 40mph and louder when the road is uneven. I took it to the shop to see if it was a suspension problem, but they said the suspension was fine. Does anyone have this problem? I was wondering what this could be because it's getting pretty annoying.

Thanks!

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I used to get noise from the back left corner where the headliner meets the hatch glass right at the interior panels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
something ive learned: cars will have many mystery rattles. i spent like 4 yearss trying to find the rattle in my beemer and no one could figure it out. the celica has a ton of famous rattles and squeaks, especially in the rear. the only solution: louder music

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
haha my headliner rattles every time i blip the throttle. Its from the little plastic covers that close over the vanity mirrors.

getting rid of every rattle would constitute dynamat everywhere and wrapping all your panels in luxury liner or some thick felt-like padding substance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I think I found the culprit to my squeaking. Looks like one of the bolts for the tail light is gone. Anyone know the size of the bolt to replace it with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
soybie said:
So I think I found the culprit to my squeaking. Looks like one of the bolts for the tail light is gone. Anyone know the size of the bolt to replace it with?

Thanks!
i BELIEVE they are either 8 or 10mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts