·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
axel back and intercooler hoses thats it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hmmm, he might not have caught it - he DID have to shift into the next gear afterall ..."redline, redline"... ;).

·
Registered
103 Posts
That was a close ass race, i cant believe a wrx has to be modded that much to keep up with the neon.........did i see that race on this site with a stock wrx getting its ass ripped by a neon?
kinda weird saying that, neon winning..hmm...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
BillWS6Formula said:
Hmmm, he might not have caught it - he DID have to shift into the next gear afterall ..."redline, redline"... ;).
The problem with the stock wrx or close to it is you lose power from about 6500-7k(redline) on the WRX you want to shift about 6500 to stay in the best powerband..Not until you get a better turbo than has bigger lungs can you hold out til redline.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
He was a little slow hit the loud pedal but that neon had the power to keep him right in the same spot for much of the race.

·
Registered
488 Posts
EuGeNiLe GTS said:
and the "big boys" like to race from a roll.. ;) no traction issues involved. all raw power!
So that is why ALL the NHRA and ALL IHRA races start from a dead stop? Knowing how to launch your car is a big part of driving it, not just mashing the go pedal from a roll, that takes no skill at all. It's like that old joke, how much faster is a 500hp Supra to a 700hp Supra, there is none, they both runs 12's.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they would have took off at the same time the Rex would have walked towards the end. Also, there is only about 400 bucks in mods on the Rex. Remember the WRX has a highly restrictive exhaust system and the neon has a pretty awesome one stock from the factory. One wierd thing I saw on the neon is the BOV is underneath the car!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
From a roll: Contest between the car's ability in most cases
From a stop: Contest between the participant's skill levels

Oh, I like to go from a roll in most cases. Much easier on the tranny and clutch.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No way WRX w/ only catback and I/C hoses will hang with SRT4.... especially in rolling race.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i agree that wrx had some mods to hang with it like that. It looks like they started in second gear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts