NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Konig Helium (bronze) looks way meaner than the SSR but I'm into performance....Helium weighs 16.2 lbs for a 17"x7", which isn't too bad. Thats pretty good considering the stock Celica 16"x6.5" weighs 18 lbs. But I heard SSR Comps weigh 15 lbs for a 17"x7"...true? ....and if so, how much will the extra 1.2 lbs be as a difference in performance? Big or little....need help, appreciate any feedback....if anybody knows, you guys do.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, the SSR Comps in 17x7.5", they aren't available in 17x7 weighs under 13 pounds not 15 so your weight difference is bigger than you thought. It will make a difference but you've got to consider that they may not be as long lived as other wheels.

·
Registered
415 Posts
More often than bending I've heard of cracking. To make them that light SSR had to make sacrifices in durability. So yes they are forged, well actually semi-solid forged but the result is nearly the same, but in the pursuit of being the lightest resonably priced wheel out there SSR has dramatically reduced the amount of material in the wheel. By making the material that thin they increase the risk of damage. It's certainly not that the wheel is made from softer aluminum, it's the exact same result as on the Integral A2, GT1 and GT3 semi-solid-forged SSR wheels (which is awfully close to the same result as a true forged wheel), there is just less material there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.