NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to suspension mods. I have Tein S-Techs and KYBs. Now I'm interested in adding some fun. My Celi is a daily driver in heavy traffic. City roads SUCK BAD...pot holes everywhere. My shocks are set 2 front, 3 back and it still jolts my kidneys.

Question finally: is the ST rear sway a good application for me? I drive in heavy traffic on sheety roads and like to test my Celi at night for fun.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The ST rear bar will be fine, and won't have any negative effects on comfort at all. The only thing to worry about is that using only the rear bar will make the car tail happy during high speed cornering. Not a bad thing, but if you're not expecting it, it could lead to problems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the hochkis set for $250 give me more/better results than the ST rear sway for $125 given my driving applications?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Only the Hotchkis Competition sways. Their rear bar is the same as the ST bar (except it's hollow). The addition of the front bar (set on soft) will make the car much more controllable and tossable. The car will handle neutrally with no understeer most of the time, and will be very predictable and composed at the limit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So which is the better value (bang for the buck): ST rear sway for $125 or Hotchkis front/rear sway set for $250?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They're both great prices (especially for Hotchkis which is known for high prices). But I'd get the Hotchkis set just because it makes the car handle much better than the ST rear alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts