NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the initial info off the raw data chart.

Absolute barometric pressure: 30.26 in.Hg.
Vapor pressure: 0.16 in.Hg.
Intake air temperature: 63.7F
Gear ratio: 63.01RPM/MPH
Correction Factor: 0.95SAE

Here are the dyno charts as promised.

I am sad that the kit is not making full power as the A/F ratio went extremely rich across the powerband. You can tell by where it made the highest HP was when the A/F ratio became leaner at around 6k-6.1k RPM. (10.4:1) I should be bringing this back up to somewhere around 12:1 - 12:5.

I spoke to Mr. Stafford about this, and he told me that he changed a few parts on my fuel setup (within his fuel system) as in comparison to the Vibe, and the Matrix. He ended up setting up my car with a unit that'll suppy enough fuel to a 500+ HP FI application. Mr. Stafford will use this info to setup future kits. So through me, everyone will get a better kit. The GT that's being worked on right now will also receive a retooled fuel system. That fuel system will be dyno tuned for optimal A/F ratio to give better output. As to why my car wasn't dyno tuned while it was at Stafford Fab., it was my fault for being pushy. I couldn't give Mr. Stafford more time to work on my car. Mr. Stafford is so commited that he will be coming back up to NorCal for a day to refit my car with the new fuel unit. :thumbup: I will post more dynos when that's done.

Also, he has recently found out that the Vibe dyno chart was off. The Mustang dyno that was used was heavily mis-calibrated. So the 225 HP/225 TQ was off.

For those who had doubts about the fuel system:
I asked for the injector pulse to be measured during the dyno. My injectors were running 80-85% duty cycle. They were NEVER maxed out, even with the fuel system supplying too much fuel :)

Here is another chart to show my base dyno w/o the turbo vs. turbo.

Through my discussion with Mr. Stafford, we will be expecting more out of the car once the fuel system is added. In the mean time, I will be running safe at the cost of burning more gas than I need to.

I will post the pic of the old air filter element to later on today to show the power of this turbo.

I do apologize for not dynoing at 10 PSI or anything other than 7PSI. I just totally forgot about it. :)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
on a GT you can safely run 10psi. It was confirmed by Option magazine from Japan stating that 10 psi is safe with GT compression... However you must have fuel system to match that. I think it would be good to have Mr.Stafford to dyno the car at the dyno shop, that would totally help alot by seeing if running rich or lean at each rpm.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not bad for output. I was hoping more altho i do understand that it was just at 7psi. I am very glad that the fuel system is working and is not maxing the injectors. Guess ill have to wait a little longer to see what DD's output is and what your output is after its tuned and changed. Just gives me more time to save.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was impressed with the results actually. We're talking nearly a 70% increase in horsepower and that's just at 7 PSI. Sure it would be nice to push it up into the 200+ range...but who knows what will happen after the fuel system change. Either way...nice work Stafford!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mike:
Can you please send me your old dyno chart?

Red-one:
I knew that, but I totally forgot about turning up the boost for different dyno runs. However, I was hoping for over 200 HP @7psi.

All:
We are expecting more than 20 HP increase with the leaner A/F ratio. There will most likely be more HP than 20, but I prefer to be conservative on my quote. The numbers I pulled today isn't bad. However, I was also expecting more as most of you are. There will be more in just a few weeks. :)

I forgot to mention in my first post. The line goes as low as 8.5:1 where you don't see the line on the A/F chart. So there are even more HP to be made. :D

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
kireisceli said:
Mike:
Can you please send me your old dyno chart?
This is my old dyno running with S-AFC and big injectors, with nothing else for fuel system. It is running at 7psi. After fuel system (with S-AFC) it shot up to 223HP and 198 torque (not sure where the pics is i will retake that dyno pics again).
Now that I have better piggy back computer it will fine tune better may have better gain than 223HP SAE...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Another one..

Also for the ppl that didn't get to read about my intake element from the other thread. I cut and pasted the following

I noticed when I jacked up the car yesterday that my filter element is warped. It was my stpidity not supplementing Mr. Stafford w/ a new one so he was forced to reuse the one off my Injen CAI. It's extremely dirty due to the fact that I hadn't clean it for the past 15k miles. Now with the turbo trying to suck through whatever passage there's left on the element, the pressure just bent the metal that's holding the element. Now it looks spiral-ish.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
So this would explain why the hatch with the B18 motor would pull away after 90mph. Once your car is tuned, you should be looking at mid 13s with decent driving.

Oh, and nice nails....:)

1 - 20 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.