NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of 19's with staggard fitment rims on there celica? and can you post your springs? cause im planning to get some on my celica soon just wanted to see how it looks and if theres any pros and cons to it? thanks!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Staggered rims are when one pair of rims (usually those of the rear axle) are wider and larger than the other pair (usually those of the front). Many high-end cars have this setup (ie - Viper, Corvette, M3, M5, M6, Elise).

Thing is, all of the high-end cars listed above (and many more) are RWD. Staggered wheels allow for more power to be put down where the car needs it ... at the drive wheels ... REAR drive wheels.

Staggered rim size would be useless on Celicas because they are FWD. Plus (don't quote me on this, but) having rims and tires wider in the rear than the front would lead to way more understeer.

It is possible to have staggered rims and tires on a FWD, as long as you don't have to turn it (ie drag racing applications only). Search for a drag-ready Scion tC. It has monstrous tires up front, and they're so big that body modifications had to be made. Ugly POS I might add.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LightningRod said:
Staggered rims are when one pair of rims (usually those of the rear axle) are wider and larger than the other pair (usually those of the front). Many high-end cars have this setup (ie - Viper, Corvette, M3, M5, M6, Elise).

Thing is, all of the high-end cars listed above (and many more) are RWD. Staggered wheels allow for more power to be put down where the car needs it ... at the drive wheels ... REAR drive wheels.

Staggered rim size would be useless on Celicas because they are FWD. Plus (don't quote me on this, but) having rims and tires wider in the rear than the front would lead to way more understeer.

It is possible to have staggered rims and tires on a FWD, as long as you don't have to turn it (ie drag racing applications only). Search for a drag-ready Scion tC. It has monstrous tires up front, and they're so big that body modifications had to be made. Ugly POS I might add.
Thanks for the info! guess not heading into that direction lolz

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
its for show man! looks nice btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts