NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya guys, i just got myself a trd exhaust 2nd hand :p
anyway, i notice that apprantly the australian celica's have to get a JDM trd exhaust, apprantly it has something to do with our cars being RHD. and i noticed that our exhaust is very diffrent to yours.
the layout is pratically the same, but ours is a 1 peice, yours is 2.
ours is mild steel and yours is full stainless, we only have a stainless tip. also the trd is on the barrel, as your trd is on the tip.
i dont have any dyno's to see how it does but in 2 days i will be going to a drag stip to see my time and gains from stock.

i herd that mild steel is beter caus its cooler, therefor performs beter, stainless and 2 peice isnt as good, but its louder. is that true?
my trd exhaust sounds like a stock exhaust rofl, slightly abit louder.

ill get a picture of it soon, but anyway i was looking thru the install guides and i came pass the trd exhaust install one, and i noticed that in this picture he said his "stock" exhaust..

thats how my trd one looks. cept without the rust.. stainless steel tip. but isnt the stock one like the ugly tip with the little barrel behind it?

btw sorry if this is in the wrong section, im not sure where it should go.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
rickshawed said:
umm this looks like a stock exhaust system with a tip welded on the end instead of the factory reso...
:werd:
That tip doesn't even look like TRD..

Does it say TRD etched on the tip??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It comes down to cost, cheap and nastsy will always sell better than a full stainles system.

With composits of Stainless, can be lighter than mild steel, also much better corroson resistance i.e no rust. you gotta pay to pay as the saying goes. if you can afford even consider titanium, which is very light but the draw back is raspy sound, but this depends on wall thickness.

Mild steel will always be cheap.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wow so mild steel is heavier? daym.
well i herd from the past people who bought the trd exhaust that. we have to buy the jdm one caus of the right hand drive system, but daym. i gotta dyno this too see if there is any gains, i cant feel the gains but...
its not very loud either, sounds just abit louder then my stock one lol.
well heres the pictures. the thing is... iv never seen this exhaust on any trd website..
oh and we dont have that TRD on the tip lol :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
where did u get that exhaust from and how much?
i didnt know the jdm trd exhaust is only mild steel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bit of a thread revival here, but is the JDM TRD exhaust definitely mild steel? Seems a bit odd that TRD would do that? I've been offered one that's come off a sports M, but don't want to spend a fortune on a used, mild steel backbox...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts