NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, my gts started stalling today when coasting in neutral. It has always been after a 10 or so mile long drive on the freeway. it is only happening as the load on the engine becomes very low after exiting the freeway or coming to a stop. the only thing i have on the car is the TRD exhaust and a CAI.

i had a check engine twice last month which went away the day after (not sure but im guessing its the oxygen sensor) the check engine hasnt been triggered when the car stalled
just wondering what the hell it can be??

thanks!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,506 Posts
IACV

·
Registered
433 Posts
hi guys, my gts started stalling today when coasting in neutral. It has always been after a 10 or so mile long drive on the freeway. it is only happening as the load on the engine becomes very low after exiting the freeway or coming to a stop. the only thing i have on the car is the TRD exhaust and a CAI.

i had a check engine twice last month which went away the day after (not sure but im guessing its the oxygen sensor) the check engine hasnt been triggered when the car stalled
just wondering what the hell it can be??

thanks!
When in neutral, if you press on the gas pedal, did the engine rev up? Or did it die?

Looks like engine runs OK with high throttle but died in idle even in neutral without load.

Could it be fuel starvation? Low fuel pressure?

You should buy a cheap OBDII scanner in Walmart, only $20, and record any CELs so you know what the troubles are.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When in neutral, if you press on the gas pedal, did the engine rev up? Or did it die?

Looks like engine runs OK with high throttle but died in idle even in neutral without load.

Could it be fuel starvation? Low fuel pressure?

You should buy a cheap OBDII scanner in Walmart, only $20, and record any CELs so you know what the troubles are.
i had a connector for the vaccum switching valve disconnected, not sure if it always been like that or not but i plugged it back and the problem seem to be gone. thanks anyway :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts