NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update. Got it painted 6 months ago, just thought i'd share the final product.
I bought an unmolested, driven by granny 1996 civic dx hatch last week. I'm already bored with my turbo ep3, and decided to go na power with this new project. I dont plan to drag race this car. I wonder what class and what kind of competition I might face if I were to autox the car if I had a k series swap. I don't have much autox experience. Here is my future mod list:

• k24 bottom / k20 top
  • Bolt-ons (I/H/E)
  • Kpro (of course)
  • Cams
  • Fuel Upgrades (Inj, FP, FR)
  • Full Coilovers
  • Lightweight rims / sticky tires
  • ETC

Let me know what you guys think. Any suggestions or comments? I'll have pics of the car tomm.

udate: Just bought an 04 k20a2 from my neighbor's wrecked rsx type s. project build is progressing, thankfully. here are the pics of the motor.

·
Registered
907 Posts
In the order they placed at nationals
2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX RS
2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX RS

2001 BMW M3

1994 Honda Civic
1994 Honda Civic

2001 BMW M3
1988 Honda Civic

1996 BMW 328i

1995 Nissan 240sx

2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

1988 Honda Civic
2007 Subaru WRX STI

1996 BMW 328i
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
1997 Ford Mustang Cobra

1996 Honda Civic

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see a few honda civics in those pics. It looks like I might have a chance. Then again, probably not, since I'm a newbie. I'm still gonna do the project build though. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I see a few honda civics in those pics. It looks like I might have a chance. Then again, probably not, since I'm a newbie. I'm still gonna do the project build though. Thanks for the info guys.
sweet you still want to build it. what i would do is go get the rule book and read the rules for SM and build the car to that spec. Then have fun. You might not be top dog but it will be fun. Which is whats it's all about. Keep us updated and share some pics. Any questons ask.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda bored, so I thought I'd finally post my project. I actually finished it last year. I only drive this thing once a month. Fast as hell, took in once at the track and it ran low 13s without a tune.

Mods:
-itr front and rear sway
-Pic select apex full coils
-block lca
-blox front, rear camber kit
-dc swap header
-k-tuned axles
-gsr rear disc conv.
-kpro
-high flo cat
-ktuned cai
-jdm sir front, rear, hood
-ctr headlights
-ep3 seats
-CUSTOM AC AND HR POWER STEERING

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
clean car (needs a 125 direct setup)...dunno if I'd call low 13's fast as hell though..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
clean car (needs a 125 direct setup)...dunno if I'd call low 13's fast as hell though..
I agree, but compared to the new bmw 335i that ran about the same times as me, I was pleased with the car. I don't really wanna drag race the car, so nitrous, turbo, sc is out of the question. Its just gonna be my dd and weekend autocross toy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Civic with K series engines can be ridicilously fast.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/10/05/car-feature-gt-gt-goliath-meet-david.aspx <-- I know the owner of that car and seems like he is doing very well on drag racing and circuit racing. And just last week he installed Rotrex s/c kit to it.

Another guy I know made stupendous 186kw (250hp) at the wheels with bone stock bottom end k24 engine, cams, big throttle body, full exhaust and Hondata ecu tune.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts