NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't wait any longer, my brother is lagging on his s2k motor swap,and taking up the garage. so i said fu[K it, i'll do my job in the driveway.

the car will not move an inch so i'm going to have trouble getting it onto ramps. so i'll have to push it on, or use 4 jack stands. might be better so i can paint calipers/rotate tires, and paint rims bronze.

i have a rebel xt, and plan on taking millions of photos, for 2 reasons, 1 so i can remember where everything goes. 2 so i can provide a well needed write up/install guide.

my southbend clutch/fidanza will be here on friday or monday. , and hopefully i can drop the tranny and have the LSD installed by then. maybe i'll have a bbq and beer so my friends could help me out.

well wish me luck and post tips that will help.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
yay! i cant wait to see the guide.

If i wasn't on the other side of the US i would be there to help you out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fawwwwwk it's hot in cali!!!!!!! dammn i had to stop, i wish i had the garage.

sorry guys, i kinda got lazy with taking pictures,i was by myself and hands got dirty so i didn't wanna touch the camera. but i'll try to make the write up as best as i can. basically, you start with the airbox,battery,ecu,starter,shift linkages, disconnect the release cylinder, etc... everything thats attatched to the tranny side. i've drained the tranny fluid, radiator fluid(it says to in the book) but i think so far i could have worked around it.

the car is on ramps. ready for the engine mounts to start being taken off. but dayum its hot.

i ran into one problem: disconnnecting the pressure feed and return tubes, i think i found them but i'm not sure, and i'm willing to take that chance until i ask my brother.

tranny should be out by tomorrow. hopefully the extra parts that i need for the lsd will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WillyK said:
Yuck, have fun doing that. I worked with two buddies doing it on a friend's Celica and it sucked.
your right! this is definately the hardest job i've done so far on my celica. but i got a full days work in and the tranny is out! i did most of it myself. i would have had it done, but i wouldn't of had $ for a southbend/fidanza combo. man oh man i can only wonder how hard it will be to put everything back!

i really think it would have been easier to lift the engine instead of just dropping the tranny. hopefully i can drop off the tranny to get my lsd installed tomorrow. flywheel bolts and clutch line are comming in wednesday. wish me luck, i'm gonna need it.
i'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts