NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but for some reason my celica struggles to start up. In the beginning, after i turn the key for like one second, it would start up. But now it takes like 2-3 seconds for the engine to start. Its still summer right now, and i'm afraid when winter rolls in, my car wont start. Is there something wrong with my car? What can i do to have the engine start up alittle faster. I just want to keep my car healthy and not have any major problems later on during the winter. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,784 Posts
Alternator or Battery. Go get em checked out.

Also when starting a car its a good Idea to get the key into the 'on' position and wait 2-3 seconds while the gas pump activates and then start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
If you are on your first battery then I think you need to look no farther. You have actually gotten better than average life out of that battery.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure as i bought the car used like 3 weeks ago. If i were to replace the battery, which battery is good and around what price do they go for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
Tuppuguy said:
I'm not sure as i bought the car used like 3 weeks ago. If i were to replace the battery, which battery is good and around what price do they go for?
Sams Club, Walmart, PepBoys, etc... $45 or less installed.

Scott
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
what does the stock battery look like?
Like a battery :wtf:

Goto pepboys or Autozone and ask for a battery for your car. THey might even put it in for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MicaCeli said:
Like a battery :wtf:

Goto pepboys or Autozone and ask for a battery for your car. THey might even put it in for you.
the reason why i'm asking what the stock battery looks like is b/c i just purchased the car around 3 weeks ago and am not sure if the battery was replaced before.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
the reason why i'm asking what the stock battery looks like is b/c i just purchased the car around 3 weeks ago and am not sure if the battery was replaced before.
Ok.....I though you were asking what the battery thats under your hood looks like :chuckles:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
autxr said:
If you are on your first battery then I think you need to look no farther. You have actually gotten better than average life out of that battery.

Scott
Seriously? Are the batteries that ship with these things bad or something, because I'm not used to getting less than 5 or 6 years out of a car battery in the past.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to get my car over to get a new one right now. It won't start, and I found out that my parents didn't give my jumper cables back when they borrowed them a few months ago when I went out to look for them.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Brandon J
Seriously? Are the batteries that ship with these things bad or something, because I'm not used to getting less than 5 or 6 years out of a car battery in the past.
I doubt they're bad batteries, otherwise there would be a TSB or recall for them. They all seem to last an average of 3-4 years. My dad's '00 Sienna's original battery just died, but then again, he's only got 30k on it.
Originally posted by Brandon J
I'm actually trying to figure out how to get my car over to get a new one right now. It won't start, and I found out that my parents didn't give my jumper cables back when they borrowed them a few months ago when I went out to look for them.
Just yank the battery and get a friend to take you to get a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Hey dude i have the same problem and i posted a thread on it too but no replys.. but let me know if that fixs the porblem...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber Just yank the battery and get a friend to take you to get a new one. [/B]
Easier said than done, I just moved here. Everything isn't even totally unpacked yet. The trusty F-100 came to the rescue again... I swear that truck outlasts everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
All celicas seem like that.
when i rplaced my stock batterie. it seemed to start up better for about 2 monts. but now it is back to 2-3 sec.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top