NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I just bought a 2000 GT-S 6-Speed. I'm slowly getting the hang of stick on this car. I just was wondering about somthing. When I start up the car (when it's cold) i get a sort of, i guess, chirping noise. But after it is warmed up it goes away. What could it be?

Please let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I don't beleive I am because it has 48,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine used to do that as well on start up until it got warmed up. After a while it started doing it constantly and turned out it was the belt tensior which I had replace under warranty.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Mine has started to do this only when I first start it up and it's damp or humid outside. I have 42k miles... will they cover this under the powertrain warranty, since there's a TSB for it?

Usman

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
no, it's only covered under the 3/36 warranty, and remember the difference between TSB's and recalls. Recalls MUST be honored regardless of warranty status, TSB's have limitations which usually include a warranty status clause (such as most Toyota TSB's)

Unless you can get your dealer to cover it as a "goodfaith" warranty deal, you're stuck with the bill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wel i bought it from a private owner? If it is the belt tensioner how much does that run across(Part cost not labor)?

·
Registered
95 Posts
mine made that chirping noise in the winter and i bought some of that belt softener and i t did the trick havent heard it since..maybe your belts are getting dry.....

maybe it is your belt tensioner but try this first it will only cost like three bucks, then worry about the more expensive fixes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx I'll try that. Is it just called belt softener? Also does anybody know if i can find a repair manual for a 2000 gt-s online?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx... I looked up manuals on ebay and only got some on cd no-book forms. Does anybody know if there are "actual repair manual in book forms"?

·
Registered
95 Posts
i've seen the repair manuals at wal-mart i dont know of they would have one for a celica......they are usually for like 89 chevy S-10s or some other ******* vehicle...but give it a try

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.