NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Joe MacPherson Toyota of Tustin CA cannot be trusted, they will damage your vehicle" - Dana Jan's personal opinion based on FACT.

Short summary:
My car was damaged by Joe MacPherson Toyota of Tustin CA last month while in for warranty work. My car fell off a floor jack while receiving transmission work and required a new hood, body work, repainting, and other repairs.

Up to Speed
Ok, so the dealership got pleanty of complaints from me, as well as other members here, and they became worried about their business and told me to stop posting on here and give them a chance to work it out.

I agree and we begin moving forward. They agree to repair my dented firewall, replace and mount the hood, and pay for all repairs/paint work to the hood, hood scoop, bumper, and fenders at my garage of choice (Wet Works Garage). I pick up the car from them once they have repaired the firewall to find that things are still wrong. They installed the scoop insert backwards, aligned the new hood crooked, cracked a headlight housing, lost a front bumper attachment clip, AND...get this, put my tranny back together without replacing some of the clips that are 1-use only with the original clips. Some of the clips failed and my car would not go into 1st or 2nd gear easily, and would not stay in 6th gear at all. On the freeway the car grinds in 6th and pops the shifter back into neutral. Sigh!

I am so pissed, so I take it back and complain. I tell them to check it and be careful pulling my car out of the lot as it is lowered and you need to go slow at an angle (the front bumper was just repainted). I leave.

I got my car back last night. The transmission is fine now, the jerk-off who drove my car off the lot though did not know how to drive a low sports car and went straight out. They scraped the underside of my freshly painted front end. I can tell they didn't angle at all because the scrapes are equal on both sides of the Kaminari front bumper. God I hope the all get struck by lightning.

I told them right there on the spot that they scratched it and they were like..."oh man, sorry..how do you drive this thing?" I felt like beating the piss out of someone.

Today, I am driving my car at lunch at it's a bright shiny day in Southern California, my windows are down, the sunroof is open, the stereo is on, and I'm hoping things are over and that good things are around the corner. I reach into my console to put on my sunglasses...and bam!

Some f*&k at the dealership stole my Oakley Full Metal Jackets. I can't believe it. The one item I keep in my car because I have no need for them except when driving. Whoever boosted them from my car left the soft case behind and took the glasses.

I called up the dealership to complain (knowing that there's nothing that I can do...or that they're obligated to do) but to express how pathetic their dealership is and how angred I am.

I did get an Toyota Extra Care Gold Extended Warranty out of the whole mess, but it wasn't worth it. I really can't bear Toyota much longer, as soon as money starts rolling in from my work project, I'm gonna get into a nice German vehicle.

Bottom line: If you want your car to sustain thousands of dollars of damage, have your personal items stolen, have to deal with incompitent customer service and technicians. Go to MacPherson Toyota.

Read the entire backstory here:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65928

-Dana

·
Registered
881 Posts
Man...that is some fuked up sh1t...I was going to take my car to the dealership to fix my trunk shocks this weekend. I'm scared to go now.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
wow i read the whole thing....and man it seems like they are as<i></i>sholes. Sorry you had to go through all that. Those Oakleys are very very nice...btw...

and ur car is nce too =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's some **** luck. I go to MacPherson In Tustin. I have never had a problem with them but then again I've only had regular oil changes and intermidiate care (15,000 mile work) done by them. But my 30,000 mile work is coming up very soon (next month). I may end up going somewhere else. We'll see...
Hey, Dana, are you joining us at In-N-Out across the street from UCI this sunday at noon? Holla!

·
Registered
116 Posts
incompitence sucks and there are alot of people like that. I do as much as I can by myself so it is done right.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate all the support, the car looks good now, it drives great with the new tranny working properly (finally) and I'm hoping the ordeal is behind me now.

I'd like to come to the meet at UCI....what time is it happening on Sunday?

-Dana

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
that sucks. :angry:

i think we should keep complaining until they at least replace your sunglasses and pay for the scrapes on your front bumper.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is absolutely terrible. At this point since they fixed the damage of the car to your satisfaction there isnt much of a fight left. They stole your glasses which is really low.
I dont blame you for wanting to get rid of the car and into something else, if you go German believe me the service is a lot better.
Im surprised Toyota North America never came in to help.

Next time something like this happens talk to a lawyer , these people are able to light fires under people that are trying to skirt their responsibilities.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow. Well, it's good to know that by starting some letters to them we got them to change their tune, even if only by a bit. Yeah, pretty f'kn low of them to steal your shades. You know they were probably hating your guts at this point, so it probably wasn't smart to leave them in there. But, still not your fault.

I'd be satisfied I got what I did and just touch up the bumper as best you can. Trust me, you did far more damage to therm monetarily than they did to your bumper by this point.

Erm...I assume this extra warranty can be used anywhere, and not just that one dealership? *crosses fingers* :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts