NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is the deal....... got some nice 18s on the car, mounted, balanced, and the whole deal, butttttttttttttttt............. at about 65 mph, the steering was vibrating out of control......... now I took them to get rebalanced again, but steering in still vibrates a little... anyone know what I could do to fix this $hit?????? thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're talking about a steering alignment??? well good thought, my wife took it to the dealership and they gave her some $85 estimate, but i don't think that was for balancing the tires...lol... but she didn't say what exactly they said..... another thing is that it wasn't doing that **** with the stock rims..... will going bigger cause that????

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hubcentric rings. I had the same problem. I got the rings, and bam, it was gone completely.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hubcentric springs???? that is a knew one... where can i purchase and what brand would you recommend??? prices???

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
they are rings. Take your rims to a wheel shop so they can fit it with your wheels and your car.

Also, make sure you've torqued the wheels in a star pattern and that you haven't flat-spotted the tires.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much do these rings cost???? and how do they fit to make the vibrating stop???... and the tires are brand new.... just got the rims like last week also....

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
well when I had a vibration problem with my new tires/wheels all I had to do was remove the wheels and put them back on but tighten all the lugs evenly in a criss cross pattern, didn't need the hubcentric rings. I think they sell for about 20 bucks for a set of four.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thankx folks.... i think the lug tighten deal might be the issue.... everyone knows that when some wheel shops put the tires on they usually just go in the old fashion circle type fashion with that damn impact wrench... I definitely need to sort that out... but the alignment might be the case to since i haven't had it done since i bought the car....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts