NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I get up to and over 80 mph, my steering wheel will get a vibration to it. Nothing too violent, but definately not from the engine. Im thinking maybe its something to do with the airflow because itll be more vibrating when the sunroof is open and less when Im behind a truck or car and the airflow is cut off in front of me. I understand that with an older car (mine is an 01) these things happen and stuff starts to loosen. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if its easily fixable or something I should be worried about?

·
DA General
688 Posts
were they balanced tho? it is something different. usually u feel vibration goin about 80 in the steering wheel. you need to get your tires balanced after you rotate or get new ones. usually runs about 30-40$ at any tire shop. just my personal expirience.

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
Definitely do a road force balance, usually vibes are felt from 50 to 70, but if you got one at 80 that's definitely a wheel out of balance, you said you had them rotated? Its a common complaint: a shimmy in the steering wheel after rotating tired front to back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.