NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 gt-s with the stock jbl system in it. First question is, is there a factory amp installed, if so where is it at. Second question is, my rear speakers have very litle sound coming out of them, could it be that they are blown or the amp is adjusted??? I apologize, I do not know much about stereo systems

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
yes it has stock factory amp and its by the glove box i believe.. dont know about the 2nd question? is it a sound or something on the speaker? if so picture please

·
Registered
29 Posts
the stock ampis a bitch to deal withi just had a shop install my first deck then after that i changed it to an indash dvd and it was no problem to do... as for your back speakers... have you tried adjusting the fade... maybe try putting a little more towards the rear then the front... hat is a short term temporary fix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have adjusted the fade and even if I turn it to the rear the are not that loud and has pathetic bass. Can the stock amp be swapped out with a aftermarket one without any major wiring

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
do you have rca plugs on the radio ? if so you can get a harnes that will bypass the factory amp sooche makes one and metra makes one i forget the model numbers for each if interested i can look for you

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
yea if you wanna get an aftermarket amp get a small one thats like a small rectangle and stick it somewhere and rca wire it to the headunit. the back speakers might be blown if im thinking about what your talking bout.. are they kinda like scweechy?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear speakers work, there no "scweechy". the sounds come out of them its just very quiet. I didnt know if the stock amp has power settings for each speaker or a fade type adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts