NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
followed a couple friends down to this back road to watch a couple cars race...

Evo 8 vs. Sti "oz rally"

the sti jumped out on the launch but looked like he musta bogged it, the evo took a half car really quick, then the sti looked like it was gonna creep back by him again but the evo pulled him in 4th and won by a car length... pretty good race.

Then the evo agreed to race a full size big block truck with slicks on it, he was NOT running on pump gas either.

Not too much to that one.... evo being awd didn't matter, the truck damn near pulled a front wheel off the ground and took him on the launch, overall by about 5 car lengths.

truck supposedly runs 12.1 or so at the drag strip.

after all that I ran down the road there, got goin about 4500 rpm in 1st and hit it, (50 shot), tires were complaining all the way till third gear. (I guess that's why I always race at the drag strip, this road was kinda bumpy and there's no traction)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid
followed a couple friends down to this back road to watch a couple cars race...

Evo 8 vs. Sti "oz rally"

the sti jumped out on the launch but looked like he musta bogged it, the evo took a half car really quick, then the sti looked like it was gonna creep back by him again but the evo pulled him in 4th and won by a car length... pretty good race.

Then the evo agreed to race a full size big block truck with slicks on it, he was NOT running on pump gas either.

Not too much to that one.... evo being awd didn't matter, the truck damn near pulled a front wheel off the ground and took him on the launch, overall by about 5 car lengths.

truck supposedly runs 12.1 or so at the drag strip.

after all that I ran down the road there, got goin about 4500 rpm in 1st and hit it, (50 shot), tires were complaining all the way till third gear. (I guess that's why I always race at the drag strip, this road was kinda bumpy and there's no traction)
sti "OZ RALLY"

wtf you talking about willis?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, I believe that is what the badge on the side says... it's pretty new, must be an 04? he said it came stock with 300 horse and he's got some "up pipe" and something else on there...

I really don't know if that's suppose to be a fancy interior package option or something

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OZ Rally a trim package for the regular 2wd POS Mitsubishi lancer?

Guy may have been a ricer...

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I'm not sure, I believe that is what the badge on the side says... it's pretty new, must be an 04? he said it came stock with 300 horse and he's got some "up pipe" and something else on there...

I really don't know if that's suppose to be a fancy interior package option or something

OZ Rally is 150 HP I think. Its the sportiest version of the lancer. low 15's.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OZ Rally a trim package for the regular 2wd POS Mitsubishi lancer?

Guy may have been a ricer...
hmmm.... no, it was definately turbo, and I am 100% sure it was awd... if he would have launched it better he woulda killed the evo, it says wrx sti, then on the sides it says oz rally, let me look it up and see what I can find

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok you guys are right... there was an oz rally badged car there, it was also black, but as I read now I see the only way the sti said that was if he stole the badges off a differant car lol

all brand, all car knowledge > me

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
common sense > joo

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
common sense > joo
correct, common sense tells you not to post whore.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
correct, common sense tells you not to post whore.
Common sense tells us not to street race.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i saw an integra ls with GT-R badges the other day and i thought it was a real skyline.

:gap:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 00TRDGT-S
i saw an integra ls with GT-R badges the other day and i thought it was a real skyline.

Probably because it had skyline tail lights.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Common sense tells us not to street race.
and if you do, common sense tells you not to drive by police cars on your way to where you're going to race, with hoosier wrinkle wall slicks on and burning 110 octane lol

Originally posted by 00TRDGT-S
must be nice. I saw a grand am the other day. then another one. then another one drove by. then another and another and another
:chuckles:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
and if you do, common sense tells you not to drive by police cars on your way to where you're going to race, with hoosier wrinkle wall slicks on and burning 110 octane lol

must be nice. I saw a grand am the other day. then another one. then another one drove by. then another and another and another
:chuckles:

thats it... im gonna slash your throat in your sleep

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
In Philly I've seen a 4 door auto Accord with SiR AND GTR badges

·
Registered
272 Posts
most common around here are rustangs with GTR badges. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
man, that aint $hit, ive seen a Geo storm turbo with a Type R badge and TRD on the windshield

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Ricers. They think people stare at them because we like thier overly bright cars.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Ricers. They think people stare at them because we like thier overly bright cars.
perfect description of norulzat140mph.. now that i think of it.. you're GT dies before 140mph... wtf were you thinkin with that handle?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
perfect description of norulzat140mph.. now that i think of it.. you're GT dies before 140mph... wtf were you thinkin with that handle?
the GT cuts off at 140.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.