NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a little more tuning on the car and am really happy with how it's running. It's taken the beating with a smile on my daily drive to work over the past few weeks and shows no signs of issues at the 365whp level.

I decided to run it on the dyno tonight to try inching the boost up a bit higher and dial in a little more timing. I decided against using the return fuel system at this time because the car was running rich enough to stand a little bit more boost without more fuel pressure.

The engine is still 100% stock and it's still running on 93 octane. Check it out:

I didn't want to run the boost any higher or rev any higher because we have an event on Saturday night and I'd hate to spend all day tomorrow swapping in a replacement engine. Maybe it's finally time for valve springs and cams? Nah, I think I'll just take it to the track and worry about that later.

·
Registered
726 Posts
haha **** yea! who would have known our little engines could be a ****ing beast!! 375whp.. about how many at the crank would that be?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
dayum...i'll just settle wit a greddy s/c, haha

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
2003CBGTS said:
haha **** yea! who would have known our little engines could be a ****ing beast!! 375whp.. about how many at the crank would that be?

Where do you see 375? i see 404whp

GREAT JOB GUYS!! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
so thats 404WHP with MWR turbo @ 13.5psi and 100% stock engine, where are you strocker guy I want to see 600 lol Smaay, FrauGTS, Seaside-Graphix ect

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Smaays on a 2 month assignment overseas (well in PR anyways)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I am sure people with the stroker engine can get higher HP if they have as much dyno time as Matt with his stock engine. I would like to see what engine parts look like before Matt try and blow it up.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
BTW Grat job Matt - you are brave like only a man with spare motors can be ;)

I look forward to finding out where the stock stuff starts to fail - these are very encouraging numbers

1 - 20 of 104 Posts